Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 75
  1. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    431
    How much did you pay for the kona if you don't mind me asking?

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    How much did you pay for the kona if you don't mind me asking?
    I paid $2800 i believe.

    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000 View Post
    Uhh....Really...that is what what you make your decision on?
    Wheres all the 29ers on the mountain????

    You got a bad taste for kona? Whats the deal?

    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shenny88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    502
    OP, nice bike... and chain. Cant pick a wrong wheel size on a cool mountain bike!

  5. #30
    Big Boy
    Reputation: texasnavy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHate View Post
    Wheres all the 29ers on the mountain????

    Wheres all the mountains?!? We live in Texas dude.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

  6. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
    Wheres all the mountains?!? We live in Texas dude.
    Been watching angel fire videos dont see but maybe 3 and they are slow!

    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    I went to angel fire this past summer and didn't see any 29ers

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Nice bike btw! I love the feeling of a new to me bike, I just picked up a used canfield the one!

  9. #34
    Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Reputation: In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by utsamtber View Post
    Nice bike btw! I love the feeling of a new to me bike, I just picked up a used canfield the one!
    What bike were you riding before?
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by utsamtber View Post
    I went to angel fire this past summer and didn't see any 29ers
    Lol hmmmmmmm

    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  11. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    What bike were you riding before?
    trek remedy 7

  12. #37
    Big Boy
    Reputation: texasnavy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHate View Post
    Been watching angel fire videos dont see but maybe 3 and they are slow!

    sent from my galaxy tab 2
    Yeah you don't see many downhill 29ers. But, around here there aren't any bikeparks so.....

    I'll take my 29er.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

  13. #38
    Big Boy
    Reputation: texasnavy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    945
    utsamtbr....you don't drive a blue 4runner do you?
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

  14. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
    utsamtbr....you don't drive a blue 4runner do you?
    I drive a white prerunner frontier, the guy with blue 4runner is a fellow utsa rider though. We have a "cycling club" on campus.

  15. #40
    Big Boy
    Reputation: texasnavy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by utsamtber View Post
    I drive a white prerunner frontier, the guy with blue 4runner is a fellow utsa rider though. We have a "cycling club" on campus.
    gotcha. I wish I didn't live so far away. I would join this "cycling club" lol
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

  16. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by utsamtber View Post
    I drive a white prerunner frontier, the guy with blue 4runner is a fellow utsa rider though. We have a "cycling club" on campus.
    Do yall wear spandex in this club?

    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  17. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171
    I personally don't wear spandex.

  18. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHate View Post
    Do yall wear spandex in this club?

    sent from my galaxy tab 2
    I also live in Austin, and my 29er is setup perfectly for all mountain riding. Companies have just started coming out with longer travel 29ers, so theyre definitely out there. If you'd like, we can go ride sometime and I'll show you what it excels in compared to a 26er, but like i said there are faults comparably as well.
    2013 Ibis Mojo HD Special Blend with dropper post, hope/stans wheelset and hope x2/m4 brakes

  19. #44
    Big Boy
    Reputation: texasnavy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHate View Post
    Do yall wear spandex in this club?

    sent from my galaxy tab 2
    spandex? I think you may be talking about lycra.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

  20. #45
    Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Reputation: In-Yo-Grill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRoots View Post
    I also live in Austin, and my 29er is setup perfectly for all mountain riding. Companies have just started coming out with longer travel 29ers, so theyre definitely out there. If you'd like, we can go ride sometime and I'll show you what it excels in compared to a 26er, but like i said there are faults comparably as well.
    What kind of bike do you ride BR?
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...

  21. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    302
    "Perfectly" for me doesn't mean perfectly for you...



    Ellsworth evolution, cane creek angleset and 2012 Fox 34 140 with hope hubs/flows, type 2 stuff/noir cranks and loaded stuff. Needing new brakes, these elixir cr's are starting to pissm e off, got some hope's that are going on soon. Also thinking about the new carbon seatstay with thru axle... but its 500 bucks :/

    Oh an its a 22"
    2013 Ibis Mojo HD Special Blend with dropper post, hope/stans wheelset and hope x2/m4 brakes

  22. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRoots View Post
    I also live in Austin, and my 29er is setup perfectly for all mountain riding. Companies have just started coming out with longer travel 29ers, so theyre definitely out there. If you'd like, we can go ride sometime and I'll show you what it excels in compared to a 26er, but like i said there are faults comparably as well.
    I know what it excels in, goin over rocks. I hate rocks so i dont ride where tons of rocks are. I personally didnt like a 29er. Im picky on where i like to ride, as a mx rider i like my track prepped. Thats not gonna happen around here. Thats why my cadabra will be goin to angel fire, and hopefully whistler. Im glad you love your 29er, looks nice. Anytime you wanna ride with a group of 26ers pm me. Usually hit the fun stuff at greenbelt.

    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  23. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: EmbraceTheHate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by utsamtber View Post
    I personally don't wear spandex.
    Haha i was just poking fun!

    sent from my galaxy tab 2

  24. #49
    Big Boy
    Reputation: texasnavy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    945
    Me likey the evolution!!
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

  25. #50
    Big Boy
    Reputation: texasnavy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    945
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHate View Post
    I know what it excels in, goin over rocks. I hate rocks so i dont ride where tons of rocks are. I personally didnt like a 29er. Im picky on where i like to ride, as a mx rider i like my track prepped. Thats not gonna happen around here. Thats why my cadabra will be goin to angel fire, and hopefully whistler. Im glad you love your 29er, looks nice. Anytime you wanna ride with a group of 26ers pm me. Usually hit the fun stuff at greenbelt.

    sent from my galaxy tab 2
    You should try road riding!! Nice and smooth/buff. No big rocks, nothing too tough for ya!
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •