Thread: Midland Trail

mtbr member

Midland Trail

Hey I just heard through the grapevine that a new trail system has been developed in Midland. Can anyone confirm this? And give some directions to it's location if such a trail exists.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I haven't heard anything and not sure where they would put one either. I recall Kingsnake saying something about a trail out around No Trees but that is a good drive from Midland.

mtbr member
    I have heard it is closer to the Odessa area.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Hum...maybe their talking about the trail out near No Trees which isn't too far from Odessa. I'll ask a buddy who knows a guy who manages some ranch property out in that area if he knows anything about it.

It would be cool if the guy over at Outback Adventures built a trail system just for mtbing. It' closer and actually has some hills.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    yes there is, it's between midland and odessa. goto peyton's in midland and pay annual $25 membership to pbba, permian basin bicycle assocation, and you can rock the trails all you want. i spend quite a bit of time out there, and it there's trails to take care of pretty much and skill level.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cousin View Post
    yes there is, it's between midland and odessa. goto peyton's in midland and pay annual $25 membership to pbba, permian basin bicycle assocation, and you can rock the trails all you want. i spend quite a bit of time out there, and it there's trails to take care of pretty much and skill level.
    Thanks for the info!

It's really good to hear about there being a bicycle association which includes mtb in the Permian basin. We've recently moved to Dallas and I was more into off roading my Rator than mtb riding in Midland.

PBBA Site:

Permian Basin Cycling Association - Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Awesome thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Also, check out RCFP on FB- roughrider freeride it's mainly a gnarly downhill/free ride park, but there's some serious AM, stuff there too. It's out in El Paso, but well worth the trip if you can make it.

Members who have read this thread: 1