mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Memoril Park, Houston - Maintenance

Hey guys, I ride Memorial about 2-3 times a week as was wondering what it would take to rehab some of the trails. The recent wet weather and trail clearing / maintenance has eroded some of the trails and they could use a little touch up, especially the green trail.

I'm pretty sure we can't just go back there with rakes and shovels and start patching up divots and covering roots. Who should I get in contact with? If anyone else here is interested in meeting up, me and a buddy work right up the street at blossom and shepherd, and wouldn't mind some insight and helping hands. Thanks.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    thanks HAL

random ride instigator
    What ever you do, Please leave the logs that have fallen across the trails. They have made the trails much more fun!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    What ever you do, Please leave the logs that have fallen across the trails. They have made the trails much more fun!
    sorry bro, there aren't many fallen trees or logs in the trails anymore. even the log crossings that were stacked in the green trail have been removed, not by me though. there's still some in the orange trail. i'm more concerened with covering some rooty areas with fill and possibly relocating some of the exposed rocks, not all, just some. the eroded areas mostly so we can keep flow. i hate tapping the brakes every 20 feet or so.