Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    random ride instigator

Looking for other Christian MTB'ers in Houston....

I Moved to the Houston area a little over a year ago and since finally settling in I am looking to find other Christian men that are interested in fellowship, outreach, accountability and also get a buzz from Mountain Biking. I am hoping to form a group for organized rides in and around Houston with the occasional "road trip/camp out ". Before moving I was apart of and co-led a group in Western NC for 5 years. I'm really excited at the opportunity to do the same here Please PM me or just call me if you're interested

Dave

828-243-4920

If interested in viewing one of my rides, visit YouTube and search Pisgah mountain biking, Covecreek, Buttergap

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Welcome to Houston. I am a fellow Christian but I am a road bike person. You might find some interest in the Meetup.com group Houston Cycling Club. There are almost 1000 members and there may be some Christians amongst them. If not it would be a possible group to witness to.
    Rick Ankrum
    www.texbiker.net
    Texas Bicycling News, Events and Experiences

random ride instigator
    Thanks tex,

I will give that a try....I am familiar with the meet-up groups as I'm in Austin 3-4 times a month for work and have ridden with them at both Walnut as well as Barton Springs Greenbelt several times.
    If you personally know anyone who is interested in something like this in Houston please send them my way. Ultimately I am hoping to form a Houston "BOMB" (Believers on Mountain Bikes) group. If you look up the latter on the the web you see chapters set up all over the world.

Again, thanks for suggestion,

Dave

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Cool deal 2ndChance. I'm up in Dallas, one of the local dudes here runs the regional Texas chapter of IC3, international Christian cyclists community. They call each branch a "spoke".

You may look and see if they have a Houston spoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I'm not riding I help beginner mountain bikers learn new skills at Texas Mountain Bike Trails.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    There are some really good people that ride and work with GHORBA (Greater Houston Off Road Biking Assoc.) They have a lot of meet ups and work parties. Good place to start as well.
    Their website is Greater Houston Off-Road Biking Association

mtbr member
    I'm hoping to find the same around North Austin. Good luck bro.

Hold fast.

random ride instigator
    Thanks for suggestions guys, I will pursue those options and keep riding! Appreciate the encouragement Peyton, I am up in Austin about 3-4 times a month for work and bring my bike regularly and often stay in RR since it is so close to Walnut. I would love to meet up and ride brother. It would have to be in the evenings but I can usually get to the trail head around 5. I've been on some great group rides with the meet-up folks and hit many of those up in 13' at both Walnut as well as BCGB . PM me or shoot me a text or call and hopefully we can get a ride in Feb...cheers, Dave

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    2ndChance,

What side of town are you on? Since Houston is so spread out, it would help to know what trails you are close to. Ghorba.org is a good site to go check out as previously recommended.
    Living in Houston makes me more of a Ditch Bike Rider

Man my bike needs a better motor

random ride instigator
    Faulker,
    I live in southwest Houston(Westbury/Meyerland) area. I ride Memorial and Ant Hills mostly, tried Jack Brooks once and was a gumbo mud fest(not rideable), hit up Cypress a couple times as well. Right now mostly Ant Hills on Saturdays (less traffic than Memorial) and when we get daylight savings back will pick up a ride or 2 after work. Planning on Ant Hills Sat am if you want to ride......looks like weather will be good

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    This saturday is a no go for me. I just found out that the senior pastor of my home church just passed away. He was in his 80s and suffered a head injury last Sunday. I have been riding at Terry on Weeknights as well. If it's too wet, i try to get miles in on the Blacktop path.

mtbr member
    I'm not a Christian, but does this exclude me? I'm up for more riding buddies, let me know!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

random ride instigator
    Infes, you are def not excluded nor would anyone else who wanted to ride with us! I'm planning on riding Sat around 9ish @ Ant Hills if your game. I usually park at the lot just north of Eldridge off of memorial on the left. Let me know!

Faulker, sorry to hear about your pastor and friend, hope all those that knew him are doing well. I will probably ride a little earlier on the 22nd if you can ride then.

Also up for a Jack Brooks ride on March 1st if anyone's up for that....one more thing, the rides we'll do are no-drop rides and as we said in NC "we all go into the woods together and we all come out together"

mtbr member

Re: Looking for other Christian MTB'ers in Houston....

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    Infes, you are def not excluded nor would anyone else who wanted to ride with us! I'm planning on riding Sat around 9ish @ Ant Hills if your game. I usually park at the lot just north of Eldridge off of memorial on the left. Let me know!

Faulker, sorry to hear about your pastor and friend, hope all those that knew him are doing well. I will probably ride a little earlier on the 22nd if you can ride then.

Also up for a Jack Brooks ride on March 1st if anyone's up for that....one more thing, the rides we'll do are no-drop rides and as we said in NC "we all go into the woods together and we all come out together"
    Actually that sounds great! That's exactly where I park, I can be there at 10am.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    thanks man

i should be able to make both the 22nd and 1st. I decided yesterday that i want to try the Austin Rattler 25K at RHR. it will be my first MTB race and i want to spend some time at Rocky Hill to prepare. Let me know if anyone is up for a mini road trip. Maybe closer to the end of the month.

random ride instigator
    Infes,
    I'll be there around 9:30 getting things in order, the parking lot I mentioned is technically southeast or on your left after taking a right on Memorial from Eldridge. I'm in a white Altima w/a black SC Highball. Should be a great track in the am, just enough moisture to be tacky and nice and cool.......

mtbr member

Infes,
    I'll be there around 9:30 getting things in order, the parking lot I mentioned is technically southeast or on your left after taking a right on Memorial from Eldridge. I'm in a white Altima w/a black SC Highball. Should be a great track in the am, just enough moisture to be tacky and nice and cool.......
    I'm in a black altima(black giant revel 29er), I'll see you then. Hopefully my buddy makes it as well.

random ride instigator
    Faulker,

I'm planning on riding next Sat (the 15th) as well. Rocky hill is a possibility on the 1st which sounds like that might work for you, Next Sat could be a jack brooks ride if u can, let me know how that sounds..

mtbr member

Faulker,

I'm planning on riding next Sat (the 15th) as well. Rocky hill is a possibility on the 1st which sounds like that might work for you, Next Sat could be a jack brooks ride if u can, let me know how that sounds..
    I don't know RHR besides what I read, but Double Lake are waiving the entrance fees. Granted it's only $6 per vehicle but it's a fast trail system that's fun.

random ride instigator
    Cool! Hope he can make it as well!

I'm not familiar with Double Lakes......where is it and what's it like?

mtbr member

Cool! Hope he can make it as well!

I'm not familiar with Double Lakes......where is it and what's it like?
    Flat, singletrack, not much hills but fast. It's located in Cold Springs. Just north west of Cleveland on 59 north.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I live in San Marcos now, but will likely be moving to Houston this summer. I would definitely be interested in meeting and riding with other Christians in Houston. I'm in Houston every other month or so visiting family and I've wanted to try some of the houston trails, but have not yet. I rida a 650b santa cruz nickel. What church do you guys go to in Houston? we will be looking. If you are ever in San Marcos let me know and I can show you the trails here.
    Last edited by guggas; 02-25-2014 at 09:18 AM.

No Stranger to danger....
    Im muslim, can i come along ?
    Will halal food be provided ?
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Haha sure man you can come but you have to bring your own halal

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by guggas View Post
    Haha sure man you can come but you have to bring your own halal
    Thankyou Guggas, thats a bit disappointing regarding the Halal, maybe we could all eat halal if i make it ?
    Im looking to join in christian discussion groups to show them the light of Mohammad, the only thing id like to ask is that no body packs any pork in their sandwiches, and im willing to provide prayer matts for everybody involved as a gift of friendship.
    Thankyou my new friends.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

If you bring food i will eat it and ill listen to your message , but only after shredding some sweet trail

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast