Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Looking for other Christian MTB'ers in Houston....

Cant make any promises on the pork though, and there may definately be some beer

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by guggas View Post
    Cant make any promises on the pork though, and there may definately be some beer
    Guggas my new friend, to be honest, im really not to happy with the pork and the beer, im sure we dont need either....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

random ride instigator
    Guggas, sounds great! Will do, please do the same if you find yourself in Houston and can do a Sat ride! We had a great ride yesterday and are planning on trying to consistently do a Sat am ride each week.

The Church I attend is called "City of Refuge" just inside the loop in the 3rd ward. If you're in Houston on a Sunday and want to check it out please let me know as well.

How do like the 650b? My next bike (in my dreams) is the "solo" or "5010" as they had to rename it. I like the idea of a light shorter travel bike with 27.5 inch wheels.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Can't make it tomorrow to RHR. i am planning to go up on Monday.... Love those Presidents!
    Living in Houston makes me more of a Ditch Bike Rider

Man my bike needs a better motor

random ride instigator
    Heading to Double Lakes in the am, woo hoo! Never been but hear its as fun as you make it (mas speed=mas fun). Had a great ride last Sat at Ant Hills with a couple of great dudes who I'm riding with again tomorrow. Have to go to a wedding next Sat afternoon so am gonna shoot for an early ride at Memorial or Ant Hills(8ish). Let me know if that might work for you, gonna see if the other guys can ride earlier as well...

mtbr member

Re: Looking for other Christian MTB'ers in Houston....

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    Heading to Double Lakes in the am, woo hoo! Never been but hear its as fun as you make it (mas speed=mas fun). Had a great ride last Sat at Ant Hills with a couple of great dudes who I'm riding with again tomorrow. Have to go to a wedding next Sat afternoon so am gonna shoot for an early ride at Memorial or Ant Hills(8ish). Let me know if that might work for you, gonna see if the other guys can ride earlier as well...
    If I can get my lazy self up earlier, I'm going try to bring some breakfast tacos with me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

random ride instigator
    Careful with those tacos, don't want to see them on the trail in liquid/chunk form

mtbr member

Careful with those tacos, don't want to see them on the trail in liquid/chunk form
    Yea my wife mentioned this, no beans. Lolz

random ride instigator
    After 2 great Sat group rides the last 3 weeks we're gonna hit Jack Brooks this Sat the 1st. Rode there on Presidents Day and Loved it! Well done GHORBA! Tentatively meeting at the parking lot on the left side at 10....gonna be sweet

mtbr member

After 2 great Sat group rides the last 3 weeks we're gonna hit Jack Brooks this Sat the 1st. Rode there on Presidents Day and Loved it! Well done GHORBA! Tentatively meeting at the parking lot on the left side at 10....gonna be sweet
    I'll be there!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Dafuq is going on here?
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    Dafuq is going on here?
    LOL...Dont worry, ive got my eye on these trouble starters.... I'll be reporting anything suspicious i see to the authorities....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

psycho cyclo addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    LOL...Dont worry, ive got my eye on these trouble starters.... I'll be reporting anything suspicious i see to the authorities....
    Tone's: were you stuck by lightning?

random ride instigator
    Looking good for Sat, a little rain tonight and tomorrow but clear after that and sunny for our ride! Looks like 3 or 4 of us for sure and more if Rey brings another buddy. Here's a video from my old stomping (riding grounds) for motivation leading up to Sat!

Church on Vimeo

mtbr member
    I'll see who is up to head that way, only been once. Hopefully my legs have gotten stronger, couldn't get up lots of those lil hills last time. I'll see if Chris and Danny are down.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I live in college station. If you ever make it to Lake Bryan let me know. I would like to ride with a Christian brother.

Let's fly!
    Perhaps someone would be interested in starting a "spoke" of the International Christian Cycling Club in the Houston area? Check this out: Home | International Christian Cycling Club

There's a spoke in north Texas. Seems likely there is enough interest in Houston, just needs a little organization and visibility!
    '13 Spec Epic 29er, '09 Orbea CX, '12 Cannondale SuperSix, '08 Spec Transition, '06 Simtra Trials (sold), Yamaha YZ450 (sold)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2