mtbr member

Lindsey Park Tyler Texas MTB Riding

Some riding videos (change setting to HD) I'm following a local and my wife on their SS bikes fun times this weekend!

mtbr member

mtbr member

mtbr member

mtbr member

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Last three videos...

mtbr member

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

i was wrong

there are trails. my bad
    Last edited by malariavalley; 05-30-2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: wrong

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    What did you think about the trails compared to the ones you are used to. I love Lindsey and ride there often but its hard to get away from Tyler to ride when we have 4 different courses local.

mtbr member
    Funny you ask on a lark we decided to drive up to Tyler this last Friday to ride Tyler SP, Faulkner Park and then on Saturday ride Lindsey Park.

It was HOT riding Tyler SP at 10am by the time we got to the "C" loop on our first lap we were soaked and we cut lap two short because of the oppressive heat. After cooling off and packing a few kits we rolled over to Faulkner park to take an easy lap in Untitled by wmoritz1 at Garmin Connect - Details

Saturday we hit Lindsey early and got a couple of laps in before it got too hot and were home in Houston by 4pm that afternoon.

Yeah that's right the local trail scene is so lame down here in Houston that we have driven to Tyler twice in less than a month to ride just for something different than road riding. I had ridden Tyler SP way back in 98' on and off and my wife has ridden it since 03' so we are not "new" to Tyler SP and did a few TMBRA races at the motocross track when they had XC racing events.

I've just recently heard about the other places to ride in Tyler and liked both Lindsey and Faulkner although the latter isn't as climb-y as Lindsey it was fun just to fart around on kinda reminded me of the lake bryan trails and cycpresswoods here in Hounton.

All the courses were very SS friendly but the heat got to us later on in the ride thank goodness Tyler/Smith Co. isn't a "dry county" so we could have a cold post ride refreshment.

Y'all got some pretty nice riding in Tyler we were surprised by the lack of traffic on a Saturday at the Lindsey trails

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I am fairly new to Mountain Biking. I have done alot of riding on a dirt bike and some BMX though. I have ridden a few trails on my bike now and want to say Lindsey was great. I thought the picnic tables along the trail were a great touch. I enjoyed the ride. I too was suprised at the lack of traffic. I went on a Sunday morning so maybe that was the reason. I found the expert sections quite challenging but again I am pretty new to the sport.