• 12-10-2012
    PinkFloyd
    Lindsey Four Endurance Race - January 5th, 10AM
    The Tyler Bicycle Club is hosting a four hour endurance mountain bike race, The Lindsey Four, at Lindsey Park on Saturday, January 5th at 10:00 am. You can compete individually or as a team. We will have music and food throughout the race.

Tim McCellon is the race director for the Lindsey Four and you may contact him through email at Tim.mccellon@gmail.com, if you have any questions.

Registration has begun! Go to http://www.tylerbicycleclub.com//eve...ENTRY_FORM.pdf to download a registration form or go by Elite Bicycles or Simpson's Adventure Sports (both in Tyler) and pick up a registration form.

Also, the City of Tyler will be holding a ribbon cutting ceremony, prior to the race, at 9:30 am to formally open this new trail.
  • 12-13-2012
    rooney2oons
    this sounds like fun. I might try to make this event.
  • 12-13-2012
    rooney2oons
    I might have to come to this event.
  • 12-14-2012
    Bills10HR
    Are you going to do it Floyd? I don't think I could do the entire 4 hours especially at a race pace (for me thats in the 55min lap area).
  • 12-14-2012
    PinkFloyd
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rooney2oons View Post
    I might have to come to this event.

Please come and join us. I promise you will enjoy this trail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bills10HR View Post
    Are you going to do it Floyd? I don't think I could do the entire 4 hours especially at a race pace (for me thats in the 55min lap area).

Not solo. :bluefrown:I've thought just a bit about doing it as part of a tag-team. I'm a rec rider, not a racer, but I can do one lap at Lindsey in under 55 minutes. I have to see how my knee heals up in the next couple of weeks. Still working it back to normal use.
  • 12-30-2012
    PinkFloyd
    We spent about 4 hours out there on the Lindsey trail yesterday prepping it for the 4-hour on Jan 5.

Even with all of the moisture we've had recently, the trail is in great shape. Almost all of it drains amazingly well. The few mucky spots (mostly B loop) have been worked on to where they're quite ride-able. I rode it today and it was quite nice.

With this trail now at 10.13 miles, it's going to be a real challenge to squeeze more than 4 laps out of it in the allotted time.:thumbsup:
  • 12-31-2012
    CBRsteve
    I'm coming up from Houston area along with two buddies. I'm really looking forward to the race, though I don't like racing somewhere I've never ridden before. Oh well... at least we're riding new trails!!

How tech is the trail? Anything like Tyler State Park?
  • 12-31-2012
    PinkFloyd
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRsteve View Post
    I'm coming up from Houston area along with two buddies. I'm really looking forward to the race, though I don't like racing somewhere I've never ridden before. Oh well... at least we're riding new trails!!

How tech is the trail? Anything like Tyler State Park?

Imagine a smoother, faster, more flowing version of the TSP trail that covers a variety of terrain and changes character as you ride it. Not all that technical, but it presents more challenge as you ride it faster.
  • 01-01-2013
    Dainbramage91
    I'll be there solo! Should be fun!
  • 01-01-2013
    PinkFloyd
    I'm heading out there in just a bit to ride it and check on trail conditions.

98% of that trail drains extremely well and actually benefits from a bit of moisture. We've been building up the few low spots (most all of them on Loop B) so that they stay in good shape even in wetter weather.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l.../IMG_0716s.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l.../IMG_0719s.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l.../IMG_0724s.jpg
  • 01-02-2013
    CBRsteve
    Are there any shower facilities up at Lindsey Park? I hate to drive back home 4 hours all sweaty and nasty... :eekster:
  • 01-02-2013
    PinkFloyd
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRsteve View Post
    Are there any shower facilities up at Lindsey Park? I hate to drive back home 4 hours all sweaty and nasty... :eekster:

Sorry. There are no showers at the park.
  • 01-04-2013
    CBRsteve
    How is the weather looking for the race tomorrow? Looks like you guys are getting snow/sleet up there today.

How do we know if the race has been cancelled?

Thanks,
  • 01-04-2013
    PinkFloyd
    We had a bit of drizzle this morning, that was it. Right now it's partly/mostly cloudy with a slight chance of a very small amount of precip through the day. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice.

The race isn't going to be cancelled. At worst, we'll close off Loop B which is just a small section of the overall trail. I'm going out there this afternoon with the race director and make the call on that.
  • 01-04-2013
    jek007
    How many people are registered thus far?
  • 01-04-2013
    PinkFloyd
    If I knew, I'd give you the numbers. I was with the race director most of the afternoon and didn't even think to ask him. I'm not involved in that end of it, just building the trail and helping to get it prepped for the race.

After looking things over, it looks like the trail has dried/drained rather nicely and is in great shape. We re-opened Loop B and the entire trail will be included in the 4-hour.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
  • 01-06-2013
    CBRsteve
    PinkFloyd, this was a great event! Me and a few buddies came from Houston and Dallas and we had a blast. The trail is quite fun and flowy, though it still needs some miles on the new sections as they were pretty rough. There is certainly quite a bit of climbing, my Garmin said about 650ft per lap. Much more than us flatlanders are used to. :D

Unfortunately I only get in four laps (wanted to do 5) but I missed the cut off by about 2 minutes. Oh well...

Any idea when/where the results will be posted?
  • 01-06-2013
    PinkFloyd
    I'm pleased to hear that y'all had a good time out there. I bugged out a bit early (around noon) because I thought I might be coming down with something. Lazing around the house all afternoon seemed to do the trick and I plan to ride that trail this afternoon.

I haven't seen results yet, so I just emailed Tim (the race director) to get those. I'll post them here.

I agree about the new section being a little bumpy on a few stretches. Not surprising since it didn't exist until we cut it December 15. I'm hoping all those riders yesterday helped pack it in just a bit more. :smilewinkgrin:

Hope y'all can make it again next year.
  • 01-09-2013
    PinkFloyd
    I just got the results from the Tyler Bicycle Club prez..

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...lwYklKATQBAXYy
  • 01-09-2013
    jek007
    Hi PinkFloyd, thank you for the information. Do you know how many riders participated in the race?
  • 01-12-2013
    TxMatt
    I heard there were around 45 or so.