mtbr member
    Jan 2012

How does Pace Bend compare to.....

Looking at getting out tomorrow with the fiance to ride. I was looking at new places and came across Pace Bend... how does it compare to Reimers Ranch.. we rode it last weekend and did the advanced trail and it was too much for us right now (ledges).

We love Madrone though, so how does Pace Bend compare to these two trails??

Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Pretty close to reimers but I think they did a better job building the trails. But, I am biased.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

ronbo613
    I would rate Pace Bend as an intermediate ride. It is mostly single and doubletrack trails with a few tech sections here and there that you can easily walk if you don't want to give it a go.
    A good place to ride, I think I'm headed out tomorrow morning, because it's getting hotter.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    I find it harder than Reimers, mainly bacause it seems to have many more uphill ledges to negotiate--or in my case, more often than not, not

brandisher of chainsaws
    Pace Bend is waaaaaaaaay more fun than Reimer's.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Ride pace bend! Be sure to go ride the ttf's at the top of the power line road first!
    Who cares if your helmet matches your bike? And for the love of god, please use the search feature!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Well, we just got back from Pace Bend! We did our longest ride ever at 13.29 miles!! I felt like I was going to die at the end, lol (we are new to the sport).

I LOVED this trail... however, what I did not like at all was the signage... there was a ton of it which was nice, but it gave you no direction and was even contradicting at some points... we had a map, so the points that the signs gave at least gave us a good idea of where on the trail we were, but we got turned around several times and rode the same trails a few times...

Don't get me wrong, it was still a BLAST and we will definitely be back for more!! I thought Reimers (advanced trail) was way harder than Pace Bend was.. Pace Bend just seemed super flowy with several nice stretches of nice hard pack with several "intermediate" ledges and climbs..

Big Boy
    Ive only been to pace pend once, and a guy at the trailhead just told us to take the main trail head, then go left, and from there on our follow the arrows with the dots on them (I think they were blue) and it was really easy to navigate. Then, we found the built features at the top of the powerline clearing which was a lot of fun too.

So far, Pace Bend, Madrone, and Walnut Creek are my favorite trails.
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Ya we will have to get out there again and learn a better way to navigate it.

Pace Bend is our favorite followed closely by Madrone.. haven't ridded Walnut creek yet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Can someone tell me where the skill park area is for powerline on this map?

http://www.mountainbiketx.com/downlo..._Bend_Park.pdf

mtbr member
    Pace bend is easy to much pedaling.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelly_NH View Post
    Can someone tell me where the skill park area is for powerline on this map?

http://www.mountainbiketx.com/downlo..._Bend_Park.pdf
    The skill park is directly in front of the parking lot, just ride the trail straight up do not turn left. Its fun but nothing to challenging.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

Austin, Texas
    The "main" trail at Pace Bend is right at 10miles. It is a great track with a combination of different trails in the Austin area. It has faster rocky open stuff like at Reimers, quick wooded switchbacks like at Walnut Creek, some areas similar to MuleShoe, and so on. The trails are definitely marked better than they used to be.

As far as the total possibilities though, I like Reimers a little better, simply because you have so many different levels you can do there. The old signage at Reimers is crap and no good at all, so I drew a semi-crude map that the park uses on handouts if a map is asked for. For the most part, everything comes off of an easy 4.5 mile loop that just about any novice can do. From there you can go off on any number of intermediate to hard loops. Just ask for the map if you are unfamiliar, it can help.

Reimers also has a small, wooden pump track now.