mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Houston MTB summary

Hey fellers I have been invited to interview down in Houston and to my surprise, my wife is game for moving if I get the job.

Currently I am in central NC. I am wondering just in general, what kind of riding do you guys have? I looked at some of the trail summaries on GHORBAs page, looks like quite a bit of mileage.

I currently ride a Santa Cruz Nickel, what kind of bikes do you guys prefer for the local terrain?

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Houston MTB summary

Hey man, welcome to Texas!

We have a lot of great mileage in the state. GHORBA has great trails, as do The Austin and San Antonio area. Then up where I'm at in Dallas is about another 5 really great trails worth seeing.

Lots of great trails to check out.

For the most part Texas trails are fast cross country trails. Though down in the Texas hill country there is some pretty gnarly more all mountain stuff at places like Reveille Peak Ranch.

Check out http://texasmountainbiketrails.com/trails for a list of them, video of what they look like and directions to each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I'm not riding I help beginner mountain bikers learn new skills at Texas Mountain Bike Trails.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Sweet thanks Shawnskee. How about gravel roads in the area? Here in NC, the only remaining gravel roads are in the national forests....what's the situation like in Texas?

Also are there guys that make the trek to Austin on the weekends? How is that drive? Seems like trails that way might feed a bit more gravity....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mtbr member