mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Houston - Double Lake - Big Ring Challenge - 23-24 March 2013 - Come and get some!!

I need to hang out on MTBR a bit more often. I did a search and couldn't find much comment about the trails at Double Lake. Well, they are getting great acclaim from the locals down here - they are now the fastest, best flowing trails that you can find. We have folks making the drive week after week and loving them. All this is a prelude to inviting those who don't already know to come and join us for our annual MTB race blowout - the Big Ring Challenge, put on by GHORBA.

Regular racers will already know all about it, and I hope to see you all there. The course provides a real race course - there are several sections of forest road to allow attacks and passing. The pace is high. Yes, the trail is technically easy - if you ride slow. Riding fast, it is becomes a blast.

But the trail also makes it perfect for newbies to mtb racing and we always pride ourselves on a large contingent of first time racers in the Cat-3 groups. The event is a fun weekend for riders of all ages - from the kids kup race on Saturday to the TMBRA races on Sunday.

All you need to know should be right here - Big Ring Challenge 2013 | GHORBA

More info about Texas MTB racing here - TMBRA - Texas Mountain Bike Racing Association

See ya there!

Kevin
    GHORBA and TMBRA dude

Big Damn Hero
    Looking forward to the race... it's going to be interesting seeing the Cat 1 and Cat 2 times since we are both doing the same distance. I guess we'll find out who those Cat 2 sandbaggers are!
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. ~ Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    We'll also learn some humility when we see the Pro and young Cat-1 times! Only a few days to go - pre-reg closes Wednesday evening, but don't worry - you can turn up and register on the day before or day of, no problem.