mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Houston Area Tire Question

Hey,

I am just getting back into mountain biking after a 7 year layoff. I picked up a Cannondale SL 29er 2 and it came with WTB Nine Line 2.0 tires on it. The tires have been fine so far but I feel like I am not getting enough bite in the corners. I am on a budget so I was thinking of running the Nine Line in the back and putting a larger tire up front.

I read through a bunch of different discussions on tires for the Houston area but there seems to be a plethora of choices nowadays and it is a bit confusing to a newbie.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a new front tire for riding mainly the Houston area with an occasional trip to Rocky Hill and Flat rock ranch? I realize the Houston area and Rocky Hill/Flat rock are much different but I figured I could find something that will handle both decently.

Thanks,

PersonTX

mtbr member
    I run a 29er with a Kenda 2.1 Small Block Eight in the back for speed on the dry pack and a 2.2 Kenda Nevegal on the front for cornering in the loose sand and roots, of which we have on a lot of our local trails....I mainly ride Jack Brooks Park.......
    Klunk on............