mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Hill Country Trail

Will be heading up to Marble Falls for july 4th weekend. I am planning on banging out Reveille park one day. I 'm looking for another choice on day 2. I've been looking at Reimer ranch, Pedernales falls and Pace Bend.
    I like riding fast singletrack and have no problem with technical riding.
    Please offer some tips.
    Thanks
    SA Rider

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'd say Reimers and Pace Bend are a toss up. Neither are very technical, but both are still fun rides. I haven't been to Pedernales in many years and I don't think there is much out there really. Reimers has a longish (~3/4 mile) down hill section that is a blast if you hit it fast. There are a few ledgey ups & downs along the way with a long winding pedal through pastures at the end.
    IMHO Pace Bend is a not quit as technical but there is a nice rock garden section and a 3 step up ledgey section about 3/4 through. There's also a nice "skills" area with some skinny platforms etc. that are a fun change of "pace". There's also a fun down hill section and the end that I always look forward to. When I'm in shape and the weather's cooler I can do the 10 miles in an hour.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thanks for the info. Looking to get in as much riding as possible.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Reveille will feel really hot with the exposed rocks. Reimer's is also more exposed where Pace Bend has a bit more shade. Mt. Lakeway is a really fun ride also.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarr999 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Looking to get in as much riding as possible.
    You could ride both if you're up for it. Do Pace Bend first then Reimers because there are a couple bail outs if you've had enough.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSLP View Post
    Reveille will feel really hot with the exposed rocks. Reimer's is also more exposed where Pace Bend has a bit more shade. Mt. Lakeway is a really fun ride also.
    I was thinking of the heat at Reveiile. I rode Flat Rock Ranch yesterday and was half way through the second loop when the heat exhaustion started to kick in. I might just blow off Reveille.

Team Livemedium
    Just start RPR early. Hit the race loop and include reveille peak and upper loops for the full tour. Might take 2.5 to 3.5 hrs. Muleshoe is great and closest to marble falls(be sure to hit all the (abcde) side loops. It is similar riding to Pace Band and Reimers. You can get a twofer at Pace and Reimers with one fee since they are both operated by Travis County.
    Keep trying to do the awesomest thing you've ever done.

Team Livemedium
    Colorado Bend is up there too but I haven't ridden it.
    Keep trying to do the awesomest thing you've ever done.