mtbr member
    May 2007

Hill country overnight trip...What to ride??

Coming down Friday afternoon. Plan on riding Saturday...Me and the wife. We're not exactly in the greatest shape, so we are looking for the Goldilox trail. Not too easy, and not too hard! I'm not into climbing. I understand it is necessary. With that said I'm leaning heavy towards Reveille Peak. Been there once about a year ago but we missed the Super D course due to time constraints. No time to try and navigate through the Green Belt this time. Been to Rocky Hill Ranch, Colorado Bend S.P. Been wanting to check out Muleshoe, Pace Bend, Reimers, Tapatio, BLORA, Emma Long ( probably better tackle that one on a solo day trip though) to name a few. Any thoughts!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Flat Rock Ranch is awesome, camping, showers, awesome challenging trails, great owners. No dogs allowed. The town of Comfort is great too, food & booze in a nice setting.

Pace Bend is less technical then FRR but still super fun, great facilities and views. I camp here regularly. You can bring your dog!

Reimers is super nice, no camping as far as I know.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Flat rock ranch is good. I agree. And so is Rocky Hill Ranch in Smithville! Reveille peak is also great. Go ride them all!
    2013 Specialized Epic Comp Carbon
    Roval Control Carbon, RF 1X10 XT+, SW Bars, EC70 SP

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Cool, Had not thought about Flat Rock Ranch! I definitely enjoy scenic rides that make you feel like you're really out there...Will look at that area for sure! Checking it out on austinbike.com now.....

Also we will be looking to stay in a cheap hotel / motel, not going to camp. More into the creature comforts these days. ( AIR-CONDITIONING )

Places to eat and grab a cold one are a definite plus for Flat Rock being so close to Fredricksburg. I noticed there is an event being held at RPR on Sunday called Carry The Load, I'll call to see if that will affect the trails on Saturday...
    Last edited by keithrad; 05-21-2014 at 06:49 AM.