mtbr member
    May 2012

Greetings from Katy!

Hey gang!
    I'm new to the boards here and will be picking up a new to me bike this coming week. I'm an IT contractor working in Afghanistan and will be home this coming weekend for 4 weeks of vacation. Are there any trails or other off road places to ride in Katy?
    I've got my eyes on a few bikes on Craigslist and I'd like to get some saddle time in while I'm home before heading back over here for another 6 months!

Wanderer
    George Bush Park connects to Terry Hershey Park which has the Anthills in it. The Anthills will be your closest offroad trail. Theres also a nice parking lot on Memorial close to Eldridge where you can also start from.

The Anthills (Terry Hershey Park) | GHORBA

Fat Biker
    Aug 2006

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Howdy...I live in Katy too. When you want a decent single track, you're limited to Ant Hills (Terry Hershey) or Memorial Park. Cypresswood is pretty good up near Spring/Tomball.

Sugarland has the Brindley Memorial Trail which is a small 1 mile loop, and more trails are being built in the general area.

Let us know how you make out!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Katy rider also...

Have to 2nd what msheppard said. I go to Memorial or Brindley quite a bit. Brindley is more like a big pump track than a true MTB trail. It has some technical features built along it that make it more fun. I usually go out there to brick about once a week.