Fat Biker
    Aug 2006

CANCELLED - GHORBA All-Level Group Ride at the Anthills!

As many of you know, The Anthills were recently added as one of GHORBA's official trails and since that time the trail gnomes have been hard at work armoring weak spots, working to improve flow, and rebuilding bridges to make this one of Houston's top trails. If you've ever had trouble finding the trails, or you don't know the best direction to take, or maybe you want to ride the 'secret' jumps then now's your chance! Join us on Saturday September 15th at 9:00 am and let our team of expert ride leaders show you the best The Anthills has to offer and all for free! Don't miss this opportunity to ride one of the best trails in town and hang out with your fellow riders. GHORBA will have free water, Gatorade, and light snacks available for all riders.

We will meet at the parking lot on Dairy Ashford just south of Memorial Drive. Here’s a map to the parking lot: http://anthills.************

There is no fee to ride the Anthills.

GHORBA group rides are open to all riders and not just GHORBA members so please invite your friends and family! Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. All riders must have a mountain bike, a helmet, plus either a hydration pack or water bottle

Mike Strawn
    GHORBA Rides Leader
    Last edited by soccerdude; 09-27-2012 at 05:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The new bridges are really nice.

Fat Biker
    Aug 2006
    Yes they are! I really like the new one at the twisty switchback section. The old one was missing quite a few boards and wasn't my cup of tea. The new one allows me to actually complete the section which was something I was never able to do.

We are watching the rain and praying that it won't hit the Anthills too much. A little would help pack in the trails but too much would make it a muddy mess. Keep your eyes peeled here for any updates. We will make a final decision Friday evening.

Mike Strawn

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    had some light rain falling as I woke up this morning to go ride, and I live on Eldridge and Briar Forest..might trot down there and see later today..
    Santa Cruz Superlight RXC.

Fat Biker
    Aug 2006
    With the trails receiving some rain today plus a good chance of more rain tomorrow and Saturday I have decided to reschdule our Anthills ride to Saturday September 29th at 9:00am. I hope to see you there!

Mike Strawn

Fat Biker
    Aug 2006
    Due to the high possibility of rain this Saturday we are cancelling the Anthills Group Ride. I know there is a chance that the rains will hold out till after the ride but I would rather not take that chance. I've taken chances before only to have it rain just as we begin our event and everyone ends up unhappy. We'll try again in December or January.