Confused

Georgetown, Round Rock trails...

Any worth hitting? I will be down for a week or two on the 2nd of March.
    Colorado Springs, Co.
    www.theInflexibles.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Good water trail around lake George Town. Closer to jut outside RR walnut creek pretty popular. Good water is slow going technical 25mile loop around the lake. Walnut creek about 12 miles fast with great flow

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    The blue dot trail is always around 10 miles on my GPS but yes pretty fast.

LGT...is a CHALLENGE.

Really not too terrible far is Reveille Peak Ranch outside Burnet, TX (practically an Austin suburb) and while the CHALLENGE is there, the scenery and fun factor is sky high as compared to LGT..IMO

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Re: Georgetown, Round Rock trails...

I live in Georgetown so I ride the good water trail quite a bit. Walnut is fun but busy on the weekends. There's 5ish miles of single track off the brushy creek trail that is pretty fun. The trail isn't completed yet, but it's still fun. It's supposed to be 10-12 miles when finished.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

LGT is challenging but a great workout, the best section I think would be between Russels park and Jim Hogg park, about 5miles apart so ten mile round trip, the trail is pretty much the same all the way so if you don't like the first mile bailout becuase it dosnt really get any better, brushy creek trail is nice really tight so keep an eye out for other riders coming at you, and there are plenty or thorns to go around so don't be shy feel free to take some with you

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Ya I feel like the section between Russell and Jim Hogg is the gnarliest fit the rocky technical terrain and elevation changes. Cedar breaks seems rockier but not a ton of up and down.

mtbr member
    PM sent.

Regarding LGT - Hogg/Russell is all I care for.

Confused
    You guys are awesome. Thanks for the suggestions. I will most likely try and hit all of them.
    Colorado Springs, Co.
    www.theInflexibles.com

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    If your coming in from out of town do yourself a favor and do the whole LGT loop. It's a bit of a haul but totally worth it. It will definitly make your feel like you acomplished something.

Confused
    I'll be up at Brushy Creek most of the day tomorrow exploring.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Did someone tell you how to get to the single track?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    Did someone tell you how to get to the single track?
    He's well informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confused
    Great trail guys!!! A lot more trail than what I thought was there. You guys are definitely putting in some time and it's working. I will be going back in the next couple days.

Confused
    Gonna do the LGT loop tomorrow. Its about 6 miles to Cedar Breaks Park from where i`m staying so i will pack up some water, add some Stans and ride there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Going clockwise from cedar breaks camp tejas is good place to refresh your water supply and break water is located by park host trailer in the middle of the field. And remember if you don't like the first mile bailout it dosent get any better but it is an accomplishment worth having.

Happy trails

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Enjoy it! I would say Sawyer to tejas and tejas to Russell is a nice change from all the rock (from pretty much Russell to cedar breaks, going clockwise).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00frontier00 View Post
    Great trail guys!!! A lot more trail than what I thought was there. You guys are definitely putting in some time and it's working. I will be going back in the next couple days.
    It will be slightly longer when you ride it again.

Confused
    LGT was fun. (STRAVA) 30 miles and 3rd Overall. I'll tell you what, I don't think there is a round rock any where on that trail. Thank You Stan's. haha I'm riding a 6" Banshee and still took a good beating. Followed the walking trail at the end before the dam and started down the river trail instead of across the dam for a couple miles. Realized I went the wrong way at the bottom of the dam and had to climb back up. Lol. That's what made it 30 miles.

Confused
    I went clockwise. There were a couple hike a bikes due to the setup I'm running. I think the trail was a good combination of everything. When I was tired of tech it smoothed out. The downs were worth all the ups and a good part was fast and flowy right into mucho rocky tech again.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

That's cool, glad you had a great ride. How long did it take you? Took me like 4 hours. Not bad i think on 26 with only 120mm. If your not apposed to a little drive check out the Canyon lands in lakeway, or even Emma long metro park both awsome

Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by manuelS View Post
    That's cool, glad you had a great ride. How long did it take you? Took me like 4 hours. Not bad i think on 26 with only 120mm. If your not apposed to a little drive check out the Canyon lands in lakeway, or even Emma long metro park both awsome
    3:35 i believe, with the bad navigation at the end. I think riding at altitude for some time now helped quite a bit.
    Colorado Springs, Co.
    www.theInflexibles.com

Confused
    Thank you all for the suggestions. Rode Brushy and Georgetown while I was down there this time. Hopefully i'll run into you guys next time. Back in the Rockies for now. Thanks again!!!
    Colorado Springs, Co.
    www.theInflexibles.com