Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Flat Creek Crossing Ride Day September 29

2K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  rx4mtb 
#1 · (Edited)
After a load of hard work bike all parties involved the owners of Flat Creek Crossing have graciously agreed to let Mellow Johnny's host select ride weekends at the ranch. The first is September 29. Base details below for full details follow link. Hope you can come out and enjoy the property.

Arrive between 8:00AM and 12:00PM and ride until 2:00PM. No riders will be allowed to enter the ranch after 12pm. There is a $7 ride fee, (fee applies for non-riders also) of which all the proceeds will go to Child Inc. Registration is held the day of, on site. All riders are required to wear a helmet at all times and all riders under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

Mellow Johnny's » Flat Creek Ranch MTB Ride

#3 ·
I may make it, kinda leery of the trails tho scared my skill level isn't good enough. Will a hard tail be fine for the intermediate trails?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Yes, you'll be fine, nothing a hardtail can't handle.

If it helps video on bottom of page in link below gives you some idea. Plus, there will be some bikes to try out so you can do a lap on your bike and then come demo a Tallboy, Anthem x 29, or Superfly 100

2012 Subaru of Georgetown Mellow Johnny's Classic: Race Course Video and Race Distances

#16 ·
Thanks for the offers of help and positive words

Weather is looking pretty dodgy at the moment so trying to be proactive here and let you know that you need to check our twitter early Saturday before heading out. We'll post no later than 7am, but if it rains all night as predicted we'll have to re-schedule. Leaf Dove our trail super star worked hard on the trails and while many of us have the skills and equipment to ride in the wet, we have to be respectful of property owners, safety of less seasoned riders etc.

The bright news is that our plan is to have more of these events in the future so we'll keep plodding forward.

mellowjohnnys (mellowjohnnys) on Twitter

#21 ·
May have to sit it out. Got a bad kidney stone that's making me drop to my knees. Hopefully I pass it soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Man, that sucks, lived that so I can truly feel your pain

Lotsa Demo Bike questions here is planned line up of bikes

Medium Tallboy and Large Tallboy Alum
Small, Medium and Large Anthem 29 1
15.5 and 21 Superfly 100
Santa Cruz Juliana Small
Rumblefish 17.5 and 19

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.