mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Flat Creek Crossing Ride Day September 29

After a load of hard work bike all parties involved the owners of Flat Creek Crossing have graciously agreed to let Mellow Johnny's host select ride weekends at the ranch. The first is September 29. Base details below for full details follow link. Hope you can come out and enjoy the property.

Arrive between 8:00AM and 12:00PM and ride until 2:00PM. No riders will be allowed to enter the ranch after 12pm. There is a $7 ride fee, (fee applies for non-riders also) of which all the proceeds will go to Child Inc. Registration is held the day of, on site. All riders are required to wear a helmet at all times and all riders under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

Mellow Johnny's Flat Creek Ranch MTB Ride
    Last edited by teoteoteo; 09-14-2012 at 10:25 AM.

mtbr member
    I may make it, kinda leery of the trails tho scared my skill level isn't good enough. Will a hard tail be fine for the intermediate trails?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHate View Post
    I may make it, kinda leery of the trails tho scared my skill level isn't good enough. Will a hard tail be fine for the intermediate trails?

Yes, you'll be fine, nothing a hardtail can't handle.

If it helps video on bottom of page in link below gives you some idea. Plus, there will be some bikes to try out so you can do a lap on your bike and then come demo a Tallboy, Anthem x 29, or Superfly 100

2012 Subaru of Georgetown Mellow Johnny's Classic: Race Course Video and Race Distances

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by teoteoteo View Post
    Yes, you'll be fine, nothing a hardtail can't handle.

If it helps video on bottom of page in link below gives you some idea. Plus, there will be some bikes to try out so you can do a lap on your bike and then come demo a Tallboy, Anthem x 29, or Superfly 100

2012 Subaru of Georgetown Mellow Johnny's Classic: Race Course Video and Race Distances
    Awesome! I'll be there then! I'm new so it will be good to meet a few guys out there as well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Awesome! I'll be there then! I'm new so it will be good to meet a few guys out there as well.

Sounds good, one of our employees, Will Black, will be leading a ride at 10am for those looking to learn/pick up some skills/tips. Will spent years as a pro mtb'er and loves to share his knowledge.

mtbr member
    Sounds good, one of our employees, Will Black, will be leading a ride at 10am for those looking to learn/pick up some skills/tips. Will spent years as a pro mtb'er and loves to share his knowledge.
    I'll be there at 8am sharp. I am a novice mx rider. But this mountain bike stuff is a lot different since I have to pedal!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    It's been AGES since I've ridden Flat Creek. I'm glad it's back, and will try to make it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    This sounds like a good time, I'm going to try and make it out there as well... I've been out here for the last 2 Muddy Buddy events but never just biked the trails.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_R View Post
    This sounds like a good time, I'm going to try and make it out there as well... I've been out here for the last 2 Muddy Buddy events but never just biked the trails.
    Muddy Buddy trails and the XC trails aren't the same. Muddy buddy events have to cater to a more broad group and they cut in new sections for it, they did use pieces of old trail to splice together but all-in--all you will have fun. Some video here. Much more singletrack and some video here of race course.

Recon lap on Mellow Johnny's 2012 UCI course on Vimeo

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Just a heads up we're carefully watching weather, we'll make any announcements Via Twitter @mellowjohnnys and Facebook Friday evening and Saturday Morning

mtbr member
    I took work off for this event I hope the weather don't screw me!

mtbr member
    Curious bringing a friend that has no bike. Could he ride a demo bike on the group ride if we get there early?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Curious bringing a friend that has no bike. Could he ride a demo bike on the group ride if we get there early?

Sure, we'll have a good amount.

wheelie king
    Can't make it this weekend. The Mellow Johnny's Spring Classic course was awesome. So stoked that they are opening it for riding. Please let us know when the next ride day is.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    along with above, please have more ride/work days out there before Mello Johnny's Classic comes around again and keep us posted. Would love to do some Pay Dirt out there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for the offers of help and positive words

Weather is looking pretty dodgy at the moment so trying to be proactive here and let you know that you need to check our twitter early Saturday before heading out. We'll post no later than 7am, but if it rains all night as predicted we'll have to re-schedule. Leaf Dove our trail super star worked hard on the trails and while many of us have the skills and equipment to ride in the wet, we have to be respectful of property owners, safety of less seasoned riders etc.

The bright news is that our plan is to have more of these events in the future so we'll keep plodding forward.

mellowjohnnys (mellowjohnnys) on Twitter

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    With 90-100% chance of rain with Flash Flood Chances (low water crossing on the way) we're Rescheduling tomorrows (9/29) MTB Ride at Flat Creek Crossing Ranch, event will be NEXT Saturday 10/6. Hope to see you if you can make it.

mtbr member
    With 90-100% chance of rain with Flash Flood Chances (low water crossing on the way) we're Rescheduling tomorrows (9/29) MTB Ride at Flat Creek Crossing Ranch, event will be NEXT Saturday 10/6. Hope to see you if you can make it.
    That's awesome on my bday to!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Just a reminder, event is back on, same times, costs etc...just no rain hopefully

Mellow Johnny's 2012 October 6

mtbr member
    May have to sit it out. Got a bad kidney stone that's making me drop to my knees. Hopefully I pass it soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    May have to sit it out. Got a bad kidney stone that's making me drop to my knees. Hopefully I pass it soon.

Man, that sucks, lived that so I can truly feel your pain

Lotsa Demo Bike questions here is planned line up of bikes

Medium Tallboy and Large Tallboy Alum
    Small, Medium and Large Anthem 29 1
    15.5 and 21 Superfly 100
    Santa Cruz Juliana Small
    Rumblefish 17.5 and 19

mtbr member
    Gonna make it. Bringing a friend that has nothing I hope yall got helmets.

mtbr member
    Great ride today! Met a lot of good people!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Yep, good times.