Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Loud bell? I just have a really loud rear hub.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member

Refuel at Taco Deli

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Contact "Austin Bike" - either here or on BikeMojo - if he's in-country he's usually hitting the BCGB on the weekend. Good dude. Likes beer.

Addendum:

- dropping in at TacoDeli off Barton Skyway gives you a bit of warmup while heading upstream before hitting the juicy stuff, a great ending to cap off the ride with, and a natural place to recover and refuel at after you park the bike

- dropping in at the Hwy 360 parking area gives you ready access up n down stream to lots of good trail

- heading upstream from 360, keep you eye out for side trails and explore

- pack more water than you think you need

;^)
    Man I love that Taco Deli place!
    I travel from Cali to Austin all the time, and I always try to hit that place. Their "Green Crack" hot sauce is the bomb!
    I've hiked down that trail where I saw mtb guys going in but it was late afternoon and it looked kinda sketchy as to which direction or trail to take to get to Barton Springs.

mtbr member

Re: First Time to Barton Creek Greenbelt - Advice Please!

Shoot me a mesaage if your interested. Me and a few buds ride some hidden trails on the greenbelt. Sometimes we drop in, in a neighborhood others by the best buy. Be happy to have another rider with us.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Oh have I gotten lost on the GB. It is even worse now that the water is high again. I still havent ventured across the creek from the hill of life, but have ridden and run the ridgeli es on either side of the hill of life "elbow" at the top.

My main riding area is everything between 290/mopac and zilker including the work in progress downhill tracks that drop in behind toys r Us and fly past the bum camp to climbing out to the trail that comes into Gables.

Ive event spent the hour hopping 6 foot boulders when you go too far the wrong way from the Gus Fruh entrance expecting the trail to open up "just around the corner".

If anyone wants to putz around with me on my 26 hardtail just let me know. Id love to learn the unmarked trails actoss thr creek from trail of life, and am happy to take anyone around on the zilker-290 side.

Anyone else found the abbandoned dump truck?

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Also, the laminated map from Taco deli is very helpful for 5 bucks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I can do the Greenbelt this Friday morning or next Thursday or Friday morning

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FJSnoozer View Post
    Anyone else found the abbandoned dump truck?
    never heard of it

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Back in the 70s I went swimming at the Barton springs pool which has been there forever. The water was really cold.

If I can get to Austin with my bike I would really like to see if I could con Austinbike to guide an old West Texas guy around those trails.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Word is he can be bought cheaply if you show up with cold beer for after the ride. And when he says cheaply, he doesn't drink cheap beer, just IPAs. Allegedly.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Thanks, sounds great. I'll hope to try to get an adventure going in Austin in the future, and get back to the Barton Springs area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2