Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

DORBA - Is it down?

I can log in but see no forums. I can see trails page.

Another person at work can't even log in.

Anyone else having problems?
    Nobody cares...........

meh
    yes, its down...very regular occurence, anytime you have issues like you mention, its down

mtbr member
    I can't decide if the fiasco known as dorba.org is funny or sad.
    Nobody cares...........

Bike Shop
    Dorba 3.0 is supposed to be right around the corner.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbicycles View Post
    Dorba 3.0 is supposed to be right around the corner.
    SO what?

They hired a "design" firm. How is it going to be deployed? Maintained? Backed up? What of fail over handing?

Do you remember Dorba 1.0? It was vastly more reliable.

But like my sig says.............................
    Nobody cares...........

mtbr member
    "who's pushing the pedals on the season cycle?" -xtc

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Pretty pathetic for one of the largest MTB organizations...anyone know the eta of 3.0?

meh
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEffDub View Post
    Pretty pathetic for one of the largest MTB organizations...anyone know the eta of 3.0?
    its not like its a moneymaking organization, it lives off donated money and time...big deal, get over it

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu View Post
    its not like its a moneymaking organization, it lives off donated money and time...big deal, get over it
    Moneymaking or not, the organization exist to support off-road biking in DFW. The main way DORBA does this is by providing information and updates through their website. If that doesn't work, then what is the point of me paying dues?

I am sure there are other great things DORBA does with the dues collections from the 1000+ members, but would argue that nothing should be more important than spending that revenue on establishing a site that's more stable.

meh
    the trails are the absolute first thing and most important thing, period, its absurd to think a website is more important...just be glad dorba has such a nice website, its not like its down ll the time, its intermittent and isnt the only avenue for trail updates (which i assume is what you are upset about, as everything else is trivial at best)

if you guys are so perturbed by it, i suggest you get off your ass and do something about it...but you wont, youll just cry like spoiled children

im also very doubtful there are 1000+ members

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    the trails are the absolute first thing and most important thing, period, its absurd to think a website is more important...just be glad dorba has such a nice website, its not like its down ll the time, its intermittent and isnt the only avenue for trail updates (which i assume is what you are upset about, as everything else is trivial at best)

if you guys are so perturbed by it, i suggest you get off your ass and do something about it...but you wont, youll just cry like spoiled children

im also very doubtful there are 1000+ members
    Hate to break it to you..but DORBA doesn't build or maintain trails, it's members do and for the most part they do it for free! I know, I volunteer and I'm out there cleaning and working the trails unpaid, on my time off, with my own equipment so that I and others can have trails to ride.

DORBA provides a key function as a facilitator and its main tool to coordinate trail support and information is their website. Without that tool, the organization likely doesn't exist (as you said, other avenues exist).

meh
    Umm yeah dude, Dorba, the volunteer nonprofit organization, does build and maintain trails....you ever ridden Big Cedar? the trail that was just built a couple years ago and is constantly expanding? thank Dorba and Shadow
    Have you ever eaten the free food/drink, used the tools, supplies etc out there while you are volunteering on work days?

Volunteers (that have lives and jobs outside of Dorba) also run the website, if you are so sure that this is a major issue that shouldn't be happening, why dont you volunteer to help with the web design and hosting of the website instead of working on trails? sounds like you could make pretty simple work of it

Dorba can exist without a website, keep up the entitled attitude though for your 25 bucks a year though

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Here are a couple quotes from the EOY December DORBA board meeting:

"YTD we have paid over 4k for the website. The only thing more expensive is insurance which is 5k for the year."

If DORBA doesn't think the website is the highest priority then why is one of the largest single line items the website? I was wrong, insurance is #1, website #2 for obvious reasons.

"Membership report - Gina: 1655 total members."

It's way over 1000...I should have said 1500+.

And yes, I guess I'm entitled if I think a non-profit volunteer organization that collects roughly $25k a year in dues should have a working website or at the bare minimum a designated alternative.

My fundamental issue with Dorba is that they need to spend less money on race events that lose money(which the vast majority of their members don't participate) and more on a working website and trail support for the everyday riders.

meh
    Because websites are not cheap regardless of their priority, they cost what they cost (besides, its only listed as the 2nd highest single item expense, not the #2 priority, there is a difference)...its also funny you didnt mention this nugget directly following what you quoted "Our trail maintenance and advocacy is about 60% of our budget", safe to assume 60% is more than $4000...does that move the website down to a #3 priority by your logic?

Dorba does have a website that works, you are acting like its shutdown, its down AT MOST a couple hours a day, boo hoo...and they are working on a remedy, which costs money and time

good to know that many people support Dorba with their wallets, so either help with the website yourself or stop donating to an organization you think is misappropriating its resources for what is your most important priority...crying helps no one

for your reading pleasure

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Dorba does have a website that works, you are acting like its shutdown, its down AT MOST a couple hours a day, boo hoo...and they are working on a remedy, which costs money and time
    I now only check the site for trail conditions and to log my trail hours and it seems to be down more than not for me...but maybe it's just my timing.

Off-line again.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi There! I work at Yeti Cycles and we are currently building a AS-R Carbon Brand Ambassador XC Team. We have a stong following in our native Colorado but are looking to work with some strong age-group mtb racers in a few key areas and Texas is one of them.
    Let me know if you're interested in getting more information/applying for the team!
    Yeti Team Manager

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nramey View Post
    Hi There! I work at Yeti Cycles and we are currently building a AS-R Carbon Brand Ambassador XC Team. We have a stong following in our native Colorado but are looking to work with some strong age-group mtb racers in a few key areas and Texas is one of them.
    Let me know if you're interested in getting more information/applying for the team!
    Yeti Team Manager
    You might want to post this over at the Dorba.org site if/when it is working again. There are two racing forums. Not sure why there is two, but if we need that many racing forums we must have alot of racers.

mtbr member
    Pissing match aside, does anyone know if there are target dates for bringing the new site on-line?
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

meh
    there are, they hired an outside company....i think its about a month out? but youd have to check the post on Dorba to be sure

mtbr member
    there are, they hired an outside company....i think its about a month out? but youd have to check the post on Dorba to be sure
    Thank you. I'll go hunting for it when I have the chance.

meh
    there might be more info, this was from the front page

"At our February meeting, the DORBA Board of Directors voted unanimously to hire DarkSpire Media to build DORBA 3.0. The new site will incorporate existing features such as our forums and trail pages, but it will also have some new and exciting add-ons as well. We expect to be up and running in about 60 days.

We appreciate your patience with our existing site in the interim, which as you may have noticed, has been experiencing some downtime. As we are moving forward with a new site, we are only allocating the bare minimum of resources to maintenance of the existing site, and some features have been disabled.

As soon as the development site is up, we will need some of you to assist in the test phase of the project, so stay tuned!

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly."

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Been down for 2 straight days now. With the rain that has hit in that time, having a working website would be nice. Stop scolding people for wondering what is going on. It is sad really. Largest MTB groups in the world, quote from their own facebook page, seems to imply that they could deal with having a website that is accessible rather than what it is right now. I pay my dues to DORBA every year, and I expect the website to at least be working to indicate closures, canceled races, etc. DORBA should update facebook page with what the issues are rather than telling people to just shut up and deal. Not a good way to get membership numbers to increase.
    ... And I Am You,
    And What I See Is Me!

meh
    its not been down for 2 straight days, as ive been on it today and yesterday, been down for about 2 hours now off and on today...trails are open, as they have been for a while now

mtbr member
    its not been down for 2 straight days, as ive been on it today and yesterday, been down for about 2 hours now off and on today.
    Unfortunately, the customer's perception is reality. I'm in the same boat as the other guy. Every time I've tried to access dorba.org over the last couple of days it has not been available.

I wonder when the new site will be ready?

meh
    id say go look in the website forum..but

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast