Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    There was discussion at the June BOD meeting about the meet-up site. The owner won't give control of the site over to DORBA and therefore DORBA cannot control any income that comes from Meet up. That is why you won't see membership info there... self serving egos. As so far as membership goes, it was also discussed that we had attracted several HUNDRED new peopel to the meet up site for DORBA that evidently weren't a part of DORBA 2.0... so the multi-media approach seems like a better fit than the P&D folks would like you to believe....

The other thing that bothers me, the BOD keep talking about going to the BOD meetings to get info on the site and such, that is why I went to the July meeting. Barely a thing was said. It was clear that the contract had no deadlines built in or timelines, but that was something I gathered by what wasn't said. I would head out to this next meeting, but it is on the other side of the earth from my house.... not gonna happen on a Tuesday night. What happened to the meetings being at REI?
    Last edited by Knight511; 08-15-2012 at 06:37 PM.
    2013 Specialized Camber Comp
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0
    2015 Surly Karate Monkey Ops (the commuter)

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight511 View Post
    The owner won't give control of the site over to DORBA and therefore DORBA cannot control any income that comes from Meet up.
    Just to ensure I understand. The guy that created the meet-up site (Mike?) has publicly said he will not give control of the site over to DORBA? Was he officially asked and he declined?

I wasn't aware income could come from meet-up. What are the revenue sources?

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    At the time of the meeting in July, he wouldn't give over control. That may have changed by now, but I don't know. As for income, I guess you can actually use Meetup to sign up for events and such and take registration fees, but the site was linked to Mike's info and therefore his Paypal. I am new to meetup (DORBA is the only one for me), so I am not sure how it all works.... I just know at the July meeting, it was clear he had been asked to "donate" control to DORBA but would not.
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    So overall it sounds like the previous BOD member who had control of the crashed and burned 2.0 now is holding the meetup group hostage.

He is not posting information on joining or renewing Dorba memberships on his site which is using the Dorba.org address.

He alleges access to inside information and estimates Dorba losses to be ~$20,000.

Website design candidate "Group B" pulled its bid alleging inside formation/half truths. Some unknown individual must have given "inside information" to group B to make them bail out of the bidding process

There seems to be a pattern or repeated and malicious interference. this interference has possibly caused a substantial loss of income to Dorba. It seems that this loss of income could be actionable by Dorba.

mtbr member

Yes.... take your toys and go home... that will help solve the problems.
    Are you talking about the new guy proposing plan b or the last person maintaining the site? Did he take the old system OFF LINE? Why did not the BOD insist that they owned the last website? I don't get that part. The old president said the old site exist and is backed up yet they don't use it? I thought it crashed and was not backed up, yet he said it was backed up.

Very very messed up.

Maybe they should use what funds they have suing the guy. I'd contribute to that cause.
    Nobody cares...........

banned
    I plan on going tonight... Will let you know what I find out...

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_martel View Post
    Are you talking about the new guy proposing plan b or the last person maintaining the site?
    The guy who withdrew proposal B.... didn't like that he got criticized some in public view and packed his toys up to go home. I remember somebody saying a WHILE back that this kind of crap should not be put out and debated in such public view, but no one listened. Companies don't air their dirty laundry, why would DORBA want to? The guy that said it should be a more private discussion may have been half way smart.

Quote Originally Posted by marpilli View Post
    I plan on going tonight... Will let you know what I find out...
    Cool. I just can't get way over to RCP. I went to the July meeting at LBH and if it wasn't for the guest speaker, it would have been a HUGE waste of time.
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    I remember somebody saying a WHILE back that this kind of crap should not be put out and debated in such public view, but no one listened. Companies don't air their dirty laundry, why would DORBA want to? .
    I can see why some don't want this aired in public but this is a 501c corp and there is no other forum. I've never been to a monthly meeting where details are discussed. There is always a call to take it offline.
    Nobody cares...........

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_martel View Post
    I can see why some don't want this aired in public but this is a 501c corp and there is no other forum. I've never been to a monthly meeting where details are discussed. There is always a call to take it offline.
    This is where it would be who of the BOD to have a second FB page for discussing stuff like this... a page that is a CLOSED group and locked down to paying members. All the "discussing" has been bad advertising for the club to say the least... at least when it comes to folks debating on joining or not.
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

banned
    The meeting was interesting and I'm glad I went.

They reported that membership in January was about 1,700 and currently at 840 (I don't remember the exact numbers).

Regarding the website. There was some discussion about the necessity for a unified website and it appeared that everyone agreed DORBA did need a centralized website. Clint gave a description of the technology that he would use to build the new website if he were selected. Pricing was discussed as $3,000 one time cost and $75 monthly cost. Peter was asked if he would like to re-submit his proposal and he declined. Some additional discussion as whether to enter into contract negotiations with Clint or rework the request for proposal and seek new bidders. Bobby dismissed himself from the vote to prevent a conflict of interest as he was friends with Clint. In the end, the board voted to enter into contract negotiations with Clint and move forward with his proposal.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    I am sure some would like to blame the website for the membership falling, but we also went without a membership director for a very long time. I would think that would hurt worse than the website (no one to steer the ship and send out renewal info). Be that as it may, I would like to see the site come together fairly quickly... if not in its entirety, at least the forums so we can get off of this lousy Facebook set up.
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    The membership fell for the same reason it increased.
    The Drupal site had autopay. Like most autopay features you had to go hunt it down to turn it off.
    Autopay is off since the Drupal site is down.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    I didn't realize it had auto pay, and I didn't know why auto pay was brought up about retaining membership. Thanks again for info that isn't mentioned at the other place.
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Never been a fan of autopay myself, because it just feels deceptive to many who might not remember or notice that it is used.

As far as meetup I think the site was used as a temp place for people to coordinate and the actual website isn't run by any DORBA member as it is owned by a company in New York.

If it were my personal information and or paypal information being used to start up the account then I would be careful about "turning it over".

I think before accusations start flying it's probably a good idea to find out the facts first.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Facts are the guy who built and did not fix the unstable Drupal site is running the meetup site. He has admin control over the site.
    Facts are he could put a sticky at the top of every forum about joining dorba 'how to join dorba"

So why hasn't he?

Go over to the meet up site and request a sticky at the top of every forum. See how long it takes.
    Better yet, ask yourself why little to nothing has been done to promote dorba membership by the site admin.

This is the same person who on meetup is posting about all the lost memberships.

Does that make sense to anyone......

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I don't know if those are facts. Sorry, but you stating something as fact doesn't mean that is the reality.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    They are facts. You seem to be the only one who doesn't know them.
    Go look around on meetup and ask about what I stated if you don't believe it.
    Then you can come back here and verify that what I stated is accurate and truthful.
    Until then you are just wasting keystrokes, and my time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    For someone to post "FACTS" they usually verify it and something cross-referenced on another forum is hardly evidence to support anything. I can post -anything- with multiple accounts and according to your standard that is now fact.

Glad you aren't a lawyer...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    So the classic move the goal posts and matters what the definition of "is" is.

Try educating yourself and thinking for yourself.

So why is there no "join dorba" information clearly posted on meetup. Start there grasshopper.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Meetup has a joinup. I did start there. I am not the administration and neither are you. I don't know what is done with that information once you do JOIN THE CLUB ON MEETUP.

The only fact is capitalized for emphasis since this guy must be an "insider" to know all the facts.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiway View Post
    Meetup has a joinup. I did start there. I am not the administration and neither are you. I don't know what is done with that information once you do JOIN THE CLUB ON MEETUP.

The only fact is capitalized for emphasis since this guy must be an "insider" to know all the facts.
    Unless you've mailed in the application form with a check (http://files.meetup.com/3841722/DORB...lication_0.pdf) or have otherwise coordinated with the membership director for dues payment (email join.dorba@gmail.com), then you aren't a member of the club.

If DORBA was collecting memberships through Meetup, then the whole website ordeal wouldn't be quite as big an issue.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Buadyen View Post
    Unless you've mailed in the application form with a check (http://files.meetup.com/3841722/DORB...lication_0.pdf) or have otherwise coordinated with the membership director for dues payment (email join.dorba@gmail.com), then you aren't a member of the club.

If DORBA was collecting memberships through Meetup, then the whole website ordeal wouldn't be quite as big an issue.

I don't know what is done in regards to the information being gathered. So what you are saying is fact I take it? I haven't seen anything in regards to what you are saying.

The point is half the people here are making assumptions without references to people who are in charge. Half of this mess was caused by the same backstabbing type comments that are meant to hurt and spread hate.

Just stop the gossip and learn the facts.

The meeting was held and they are moving FORWARD on the issue. Let it go.

You lost ZERO in money over it anyway. The organization is still moving forward the best it can.

Stop what iffing the past.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Dude, you should have just stop at the "I don't know."

That is the only accurate thing you have written all day.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Hiway, why did you come here? You have added nothing. You have added no "facts" and you have proved nothing. The statements that have been made about the meetup site are fact. Unless you have proof as to their demise, don't tell us we are making assumptions.

I was at the board meeting where the Meetup site was discussed in June, I reported what was discussed.

DORBA will go on and survive past this, but those that have been hurling the biggest stones on the DORBA sites are the ones that self proclaim an unending love for DORBA and claim to be the biggest supporters yet they are also the ones causing the biggest stink and thus the ones that will push away the casual riders that are part of DORBA. If a company has **** going on, they keep the **** behind closed doors and paint as rosy of a picture as they can for the people buying their stock. The leadership of DORBA has not been doing this (the BOD or those that are the loudest) and therefore have only served to drive people away with their petty public bickering. Public bickering is not healthy for any company or organization.
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I came here to post my opinion and to remark that most of you, to include you, don't know all the in's and out's of why this or why that happened. That's the only fact.

The fact is not one person here moaning and groaning about this (which is water under the bridge now anyway) has lost a single thing in regards to all this.

If you don't like the leadership then go officially do something about it.

Knight511 you are a hypocrite when you criticize public bickering, yet do it yourself here.

Just let it go and as your quote says, "less moaning, more riding".

Or my advice, would be vote with your feet if it irks you this much.

I know I wouldn't miss most of you that get all panicky that your social website is down...

meh
    I came here to post my opinion and to remark that most of you, to include you, don't know all the in's and out's of why this or why that happened. That's the only fact.

The fact is not one person here moaning and groaning about this (which is water under the bridge now anyway) has lost a single thing in regards to all this.

If you don't like the leadership then go officially do something about it.

Knight511 you are a hypocrite when you criticize public bickering, yet do it yourself here.

I know I wouldn't miss most of you that get all panicky that your social website is down...
    ahh, so you are certain no one here has any knowledge outside of what you think you know? sounds a bit hypocritical

the thing that has been lost is a giant chunk of memberships to a club many of us would like to see thrive and grow...so yeah, plenty of us are affected

and how do you propose we do that at the current moment? coup d'etat?

hes criticizing a GOVERNING BODY for these things, not another individual like himself, very valid criticism iyam

miss us? that would be to assume you know us...but whatever you are trying to say, the feeling is mutual

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu View Post
    ahh, so you are certain no one here has any knowledge outside of what you think you know? sounds a bit hypocritical

the thing that has been lost is a giant chunk of memberships to a club many of us would like to see thrive and grow...so yeah, plenty of us are affected

and how do you propose we do that at the current moment? coup d'etat?

hes criticizing a GOVERNING BODY for these things, not another individual like himself, very valid criticism iyam

miss us? that would be to assume you know us...but whatever you are trying to say, the feeling is mutual

It is growing and thriving. I have been to and seen a lot of participation in regards to DORBA and the people I met face to face didn't moan and groan like the few here. I am somewhat amazed how quick people are to place blame on a volunteer group of people who are contributing their time FREE OF CHARGE as quickly as you folks do.

Don't like it? Then run for leadership positions. Take your negativity to a meeting live and in person and see how this tone does for you.

The explanations have been made and it seems to me I understand what happened, yet you still want to whine and cry about it.

The bottom line there are steps in the process and progress is being made.

Learn some patience, learn some manners, and learn to realize the environment here is NOT DORBA.

meh
    sigh....memberships are way down since the website has been unplugged, correct? for various reasons including autopay, no easy/online method of joining, difficult to find out how to join, etc, correct? or are you saying there are more current members today than January?....yeah, growing and thriving, sure, about 6 months ago that might have been true, but it is collapsing at the moment

they CHOSE to volunteer their time, with that comes responsibility, and they are floundering....if the blame doesnt rest with the BOD then I guess its Santas or the Easter Bunnies fault....there wouldnt be issues had this been handled professionally, and in a reasonable amount of time, we are beyond that though

im not being negative, just being a realist, you on the other hand are being a blind ******...i was there dealing with it and even defending it on here when the website was intermittently crashing....running for office is possible right now? sure, ill go do that after work...if there isnt a website by the time there is a new BOD then the current situation is beyond fubar

im not whining or crying, on the contrary, im calling you out for such, your panties are in a wad cuz people are frustrated (with very good reason) with dorba

you are basically acting like you know all the secrets, but have added nothing to the discourse

progress is being made...at a snails pace, with extreme poor execution

manners? if you actually had them, you wouldnt be getting dealt with like this...you asked for what you received

im sure the kool aid they have you drinking is good, but open your eyes just a little bit, not everything is lolli pops and roses

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu View Post
    sigh....memberships are way down since the website has been unplugged, correct? for various reasons including autopay, no easy/online method of joining, difficult to find out how to join, etc, correct? or are you saying there are more current members today than January?....yeah, growing and thriving, sure, about 6 months ago that might have been true, but it is collapsing at the moment

they CHOSE to volunteer their time, with that comes responsibility, and they are floundering....if the blame doesnt rest with the BOD then I guess its Santas or the Easter Bunnies fault....there wouldnt be issues had this been handled professionally, and in a reasonable amount of time, we are beyond that though

im not being negative, just being a realist, you on the other hand are being a blind ******...i was there dealing with it and even defending it on here when the website was intermittently crashing....running for office is possible right now? sure, ill go do that after work...if there isnt a website by the time there is a new BOD then the current situation is beyond fubar

im not whining or crying, on the contrary, im calling you out for such, your panties are in a wad cuz people are frustrated (with very good reason) with dorba

you are basically acting like you know all the secrets, but have added nothing to the discourse

progress is being made...at a snails pace, with extreme poor execution

manners? if you actually had them, you wouldnt be getting dealt with like this...you asked for what you received

im sure the kool aid they have you drinking is good, but open your eyes just a little bit, not everything is lolli pops and roses
    Now you are a mind reader I take it. I don't know any secrets. I know what I see and I saw a reasonable explanation of what happened. I also know that this loss of membership has had really no direct impact on you. What exactly did you lose? A trail? Your ability to ride a bike? You lose your bike?

You really lost nothing, and people already explained what happened. I'm truly sorry that the volunteers that do this for NOTHING haven't jumped high enough and far enough for your pleasure.

The mysterious loss to you is your excuse to blather on and on about how much has been lost and you do NOTHING about it in reality.

Start a new organization then... For god sakes take the other guy with you. Have a party!

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Contrary to your belief, the volunteers that are crying the loudest on DORBA's sites are the ones that fuel their egos from what they do, so to say they get NOTHING is not true.

Those of us that truly get nothing are the ones that volunteer at our trails, silently, and take care of them as best we can with nothing in return... wait.. that isn't true... I get to ride my trail and help keep it open, so I get something in return for my service.

The idea that people get NOTHING (caps just like you have repeated) is just plain stupid.... we ALL gain things through DORBA by simply riding the trails. Some get more from DORBA in the way of feeding an ego... those are the ones that have been a problem IMHO. Notice how there is still no site... there has been no news about any site, but now that one of their own "got" the bid, they are all quiet and are no longer making any demands? Yeah.... they get nothing from what they do.

FWIW, our problems with DORBA have little to do with the BOD as they have been working hard and are doing the best they can in between the rest of their lives.... the problem are with those that have been making the most noise.... the ones that have really hurt the public image of DORBA.... not the BOD, they have been silent while they try to get things taken care of and are actually DOING something for "nothing."
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    They already have talked about the site status at the last meeting. Did you attend? Did you go to the official source stating what was discussed?

From what you are stating it appears you haven't.

Fueling their egos... Let's just say that's got to be the most absurd thing I have read on the internet in a long long time...

Incredible...

Edit: Last month spent 12 hours or so on two trails trimming, fixing signs, and removing glass. And I don't log hours with DORBA. I just do it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    So a guy banned from DORBA is now the one to call out to others who should be ignored...

Epic...

meh
    Now you are a mind reader I take it. I don't know any secrets. I know what I see and I saw a reasonable explanation of what happened. I also know that this loss of membership has had really no direct impact on you. What exactly did you lose? A trail? Your ability to ride a bike? You lose your bike?

You really lost nothing, and people already explained what happened. I'm truly sorry that the volunteers that do this for NOTHING haven't jumped high enough and far enough for your pleasure.

The mysterious loss to you is your excuse to blather on and on about how much has been lost and you do NOTHING about it in reality.

Start a new organization then... For god sakes take the other guy with you. Have a party!
    Im no mind reader, you just keep claiming that no one here knows anything, and give the impression you do, apologies if I misread you

The organization i have paid money to as well as worked trails for is losing, i consider that me losing...maybe you are fine with large membership losses, but someone has to pay the bills right? doesnt please me one bit

what can i do? i go out, trim the trails i ride, move fallen trees, etc...i have no power over the leadership that makes the decisions

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    No I am fine with understanding volunteer organizations and know how sometimes things happen and move on.

I see DORBA making progress and learning from their past.

I don't dwell on something that does nothing to move on.

You do have power as a member. If you really want something done then pay for the website if it's that important to you, or research a better solution that is more than saying the leadership sucks.

I see really no tangible suggestions to fix the problem and a willful ignorance of what is currently happening in regards to the issue.

You too can run for office or suggest in a meeting for a change of leadership. Do the work, make the effort to garner support for your suggestions and make it happen.

If it's that bad then it should be obvious to the common member that you are right...

meh
    i did pay for it, it was a part of my yearly dues
    i guess ultimately, you just want zero discourse on this
    until you came in, this thread had "moved on", why are you still dwelling?

i couldnt give a shlt if there is another website anymore...no website means i keep 30 bucks and help keep the trails i ride clear...but i do have a problem with people who dont know anything come in and tell others who might that they know nothing, and not in a constructive manner

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    And your posts attacking me are constructive I take it?

I simply stated that the guy ranting wasn't being fair and didn't know the full story of what happened. I see negativity littered through this forum by you and a few others.

THANKFULLY the rest of DORBA in person is totally the opposite of a few who are here and one with a history of being banned from the old forums.

So far my appraisal is I am very happy with DORBA and the majority of members. The leadership is moving on and things are looking up.

Happy here.

Also the fact is you can still be a DORBA member and contribute. The website isn't the only thing funded by the dues, but whatever makes you happy...

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    They already have talked about the site status at the last meeting. Did you attend? Did you go to the official source stating what was discussed?

From what you are stating it appears you haven't.
    I didn't go and don't care about the site. If you have really read anything, my problem isn't with the lack of site, it has to do with the personalities of those that speak the most and loudest if they don't get their way.

Fueling their egos... Let's just say that's got to be the most absurd thing I have read on the internet in a long long time...
    You must not read much do you?

Incredible...
    This has been good weather for August... but unless you are talking about incredibly humid, I don't think I get you.

Edit: Last month spent 12 hours or so on two trails trimming, fixing signs, and removing glass. And I don't log hours with DORBA. I just do it.
    I have spent a lot of time working on my trail since it got hot and dry (not much to do when nothing grows and there is no water damage to fix). Like you, however, I don't log my hours and don't care to. I logged a couple of days worth back in the spriing but then thought about how silly it was since I didn't care what others thought or about getting a pat on the back... I just want to ride.
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I don't read too much into an anonymous forum where people aren't accountable for what they say. On that account you are right.

I tend to gravitate to the real and to meet some nice people face to face. I have many new friends due to this and not focusing on some anon forum on the interweb...

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    I don't read too much into an anonymous forum where people aren't accountable for what they say. On that account you are right.
    Why you got to hate on DORBA?

I tend to gravitate to the real and to meet some nice people face to face. I have many new friends due to this and not focusing on some anon forum on the interweb...
    This is the reason I joined DORBA again... I was hoping for what existed the last time I had time to ride... and it just isn't the case. DORBA 2.0 didn't have a whole lot going on to meet people... if you weren't into racing, you had no place. DORBA use to be a VERY friendly lace for the casual rider, and it just doesn't seem like it is anymore. Kind of makes me sad actually...
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'm confused there has been tons of meetups with DORBA members over the summer. I have attended 4 so far and I have only partial weekends off.

Those official meetups have resulting in riding with some guys on Thurs nights sometimes and other odd and ends to clean trails or just hang out and drink a beer.

It's all what you put into it.

meh
    And your posts attacking me are constructive I take it?

Also the fact is you can still be a DORBA member and contribute. The website isn't the only thing funded by the dues, but whatever makes you happy...
    they arent meant to be, as they came after the fact
    i do and i am a current member, almost every ride im on i have trimmers in my bag and get something accomplished, ntm the times i go in purely to clean up the trails i ride sans bike...the website was just where my dollars were tangibly put to use for me

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Much much more is bought and paid for by the dues that have a more tangible result in my understanding.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    I'm confused there has been tons of meetups with DORBA members over the summer. I have attended 4 so far and I have only partial weekends off.

Those official meetups have resulting in riding with some guys on Thurs nights sometimes and other odd and ends to clean trails or just hang out and drink a beer.
    Maybe that is part of the problem for me. The meet ups that have been posted (but where as there currently isn't a single place to find rides and such) have mostly been during the week and far north (just like the August BOD meeting that there was no way for me to get to after work).

It's all what you put into it.
    This may be true, but it is hard to put much in when there isn't a cohesive forum to do so. I have said a few times that what most people seem to be looking for and griping about is the lack of a single forum to "hang out" at and get stuff organized. Facebook is a terrible format for discussing anything... it is the equivalent of social vomit due to the lack of organization. Meetup isn't much more active either... short of clinics and week night rides I can't get to because of work, I just don't see much for a casual rider to do.

Once it cools off, I will try to be more proactive. I hope we have a single place by then to post... but I will try to get some organized fat ass rides down south on the weekends... maybe there will be some interest.
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Much much more is bought and paid for by the dues that have a more tangible result in my understanding.
    I think DORBA could benefit from being more transparent to those that aren't "in the loop." Some "your dollars in action" discussions and such so people can see where their money goes. As I have learned from many other organizations, there is a LOT of mistrust when no one can clearly see where money goes. I am sure there are documents or something that are legally required for the 501c (501, right?), but in my time on DORBA 2.0, I never came across any mentions as to how money was spent.

Considering I use my own "lawn" equipment while working on the trail, I don't see any tangible benefit for myself.... I am sure this is how others feel as well. DORBA could really benefit from some advertising for themselves and some added transparency.
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

meh
    i completely agree it doesnt go to just the website
    in the past, id bet very little of it did actually...but it was my way of saying thanks for letting me use the site...i dont race, go to skills clinics, group rides, etc so funding that isnt important to me
    actually, if i could donate money now (without a website) and know it was going strictly to maintaining my main trails only, id donate to that...but its going to many things that mean nothing to me at the moment so there isnt an impetus for me to renew currently

meh
    I think DORBA could benefit from being more transparent
    this is what it all comes down to pretty much

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I hear you, but I also understand the situation and guess I'm not as critical due to it being a volunteer organization.

I understand many are frustrated, but I guess I'm too old to really understand since the whole social online scene to me is just icing and I like cake without frosting.

I like going to real meetings and events.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    My real gripes about a lack of site all ended with dallastrails putting up the status page and I was blasted pretty harsh by some of the loud talkers on the FB DORBA page for only being interested in trail status. It was pretty clear that the only thing that mattered to them was race registration and the potential loss we were suffering on that. To be honest, I never saw much real traffic on the DORBA forums... for as much complaining as there has been in the multiple locations, folks sure weren't all too active on the site itself.

So.... Thinking forward to the fall and possibly a new bike... I am digging the Trek Stache... a little tougher for me and a little more relaxed geometry.... can't wait to put my hands on one at the store!
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    So a guy banned from DORBA is now the one to call out to others who should be ignored...

Epic...
    Wow, someone was banned?
    Nobody cares...........

mtbr member
    One thing I always found funny about DORBA is the incessant "thank yous" handed out by some members. They fail all over themselves thanking people even when they fail over and over and over.

There is some feedback loop whereby they experience group feelgoodism with total disregard for performance. It is as they create an alternate reality. Truthfully, I've seen this in other non-profits as well. Must go hand in hand with non-profits and be somehow related to the non-reality of their situation.
    Nobody cares...........

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast