Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu View Post
    id say go look in the website forum..but
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Based on a facebook post, the DORBA site is basically down and out. I think the new and improved version goes live sometime next week (May 15th?).

meh
    nice, dont have a facebook acct so wasnt able to see the redirect

empty beer member
    nice, dont have a facebook acct so wasnt able to see the redirect

Same here...

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    I wish they would just do away with the forums (if that was the problem)... trail conditions are the most important thing there for me
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by knoxpossum View Post
    Based on a facebook post, the DORBA site is basically down and out. I think the new and improved version goes live sometime next week (May 15th?).
    This was later clarified in the same thread to state that no definite go-live date for the new site has been made public.

mtbr member
    Calm the h3ll down, it's just a transitional phase. FYI, the www.dorba.org URL has been temporarily redirected to new DORBA Meetup site, which asks for patience until the new website goes live.

FWIW, I am not a DORBA trail steward or board member, but if you feel like you can run things better than they are currently being run, you can always volunteer your services. Personally I am just thankful that I live in an area where there are so many folks with the time and passion to devote to the sport.

PS also meant to write that I travel a lot on biz, and there are very few areas in the country that have as many local trails or is as active as DORBA.
    Mind your own religion.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Experienced and qualified people have volunteered to help but were turned down. Repeatedly......

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Rain is coming.
    Looks to be hit and miss and no one came up with a back up plan on how to keep trail conditions updated.
    We have our little thread here.
    A few trail stewards do email me directly. Thank you guy's for supporting riders access to open trails.
    Anyone who knows if a trail should be opened or closed over the next 24/48 hours please post up on the trail conditions thread.

mtbr member
    I can check Arbor Hills - I live nearby
    Mind your own religion.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    That would be awesome. Thanks....

mtbr member
    Yeah, she's down for the count...

Welcome to the temporary home of DORBA.org. The old site finally ran into problems that keep it from being able to handle the load. Nothing is lost. But there is signifcant work to do to get the assets where folks can harvest them.

Right now we need as many of the DORBA leadership to register so they can be given rights to edit and ad pages, etc. to help keep everyone informed.
    Where will I get my Classifieds fix? CL just doesn't cut it anymore. I'm jonesing already...
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

meh
    nm.

mtbr member
    Dorba seems to be itermittantly redirecting to either Facebook, or a "Meetup" based site. Is the Meetup site the "new" site. or is it temporary?
    Mind your own religion.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    temp, just like dorba 2.0

mtbr member
    Down again!
    Nobody cares...........

mtbr member
    Down again!
    Nobody cares...........

meh
    seriously clark? its been killed for like a week now while the new site is being finished up

mtbr member
    DORBA is up. It's the Texas power grid that goes down stealthily to make it look like DORBA's fault. ;-)

empty beer member
    Whats up DORBA?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    DORBA answers every single question asked with the statement, "Why don't you volunteer?". For a club that brags about being the largest in the country, it sure is very secretive, as well as always displaying a nasty "chip" or their shoulder when people point out the obvious about certain aspects of the club. Why can't DORBA be more informative to it's paying members who volunteer, i am one of these people. The attitude DORBA projects has declined over the last ten years, and it sucks right now. All members want are updates to when the wbsite will be up. If the company they are paying can't even give a timeline of completion, then you hired the wrong group to piece your new site together.
    ... And I Am You,
    And What I See Is Me!

meh
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildeyes View Post
    If the company they are paying can't even give a timeline of completion, then you hired the wrong group to piece your new site together.
    yup, really bad business from both parties...incompetency in handling contractual work id imagine
    i think the other stuff/frustration is cuz most people never go to the meetings where things are generally discussed, not sure tho

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    i think the other stuff/frustration is cuz most people never go to the meetings where things are generally discussed, not sure tho
    This. I went to the June meeting to find out what was going on and learned quite a bit.... some by what was said and some by what wasn't. I didn't feel like I was given a cold shoulder (NOBODY knew me) and was welcomed pretty well.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    FYI, DORBA people recently posted on the temporary forums that they are estimating the new site will be online in four more weeks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildeyes View Post
    DORBA answers every single question asked with the statement, "Why don't you volunteer?". For a club that brags about being the largest in the country, it sure is very secretive, as well as always displaying a nasty "chip" or their shoulder when people point out the obvious about certain aspects of the club. Why can't DORBA be more informative to it's paying members who volunteer, i am one of these people. The attitude DORBA projects has declined over the last ten years, and it sucks right now. All members want are updates to when the wbsite will be up. If the company they are paying can't even give a timeline of completion, then you hired the wrong group to piece your new site together.
    On the meet up site, there have been many people, myself included, offer to build and host a site, myself offered for 3 months no cost. I understand they already have a developer, but I don't know of any reputable developer that wouldn't cut ties because they weren't holding up their end of the deal. Then again, if it were a reputable developer, we'd probably already have a site up and running. As for the people at RCP, they've been nothing but awesome. I haven't branched out too much to others in DORBA though. I won't be a paying member with the false promise of a website that's so far overdue it's just gotten to a certain point of stupid.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast