Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DFW riders

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by J3SSEB View Post
    Hi.
    Um hi
    This weather needs to stop guys this is not cool i wanna ride i just ordere my first part for my bike lockon hand grips to match my colors
    IT'S NOT A HOBBIE ITS AN OBSESSION

Cool finally on page two lets see some photos of dfw rides i just found out about dunlop park by river legacy i plan to visit it soon anyone been there

Bicycle Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd1980 View Post
    Um hi
    This weather needs to stop guys this is not cool i wanna ride i just ordere my first part for my bike lockon hand grips to match my colors
    You got that right. At least the sun finally came out today, so the trails should open any day now.
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    Glad I stumbled on this thread. I just purchased a Specialized Hardrock SE Disc and none of my friends, coworkers or family rides. They're more than happy to quote Napoleon Dynamite to me though........ I live in the southern part of DFW.

I'm trying to get my cardio and skill set up before tackling some of the better trails and eventually try a race or two. I've been on two wheels much of my life, as I just took a break from riding motorcycles.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Uh historic drought we finally get some rain and everyone goes to whining! I might hit Solovaca or Dino Thursday evening 5pm~

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=jakerfreese;11198083]Uh historic drought we finally get some rain and everyone goes to whining! I might hit Solovaca or Dino Thursday evening 5pm~

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk[/
    QUOTE]
    I'm not whining about getting rain I just want it everywhere but on our bike trails

Bicycle Addict
    My single speed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DFW riders-img_0038_zpscd536814.jpg  

The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Cool finally on page two lets see some photos of dfw rides i just found out about dunlop park by river legacy i plan to visit it soon anyone been there
    Dunlop? Nope never heard of it. Let us know what you think after you get a chance to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by sbvx67 View Post
    Dunlop? Nope never heard of it. Let us know what you think after you get a chance to check it out.
    Its a bmx dirt jump track but should be a good place two practice for big cedar wilderness

Quote Originally Posted by J3SSEB View Post
    My single speed.
    Nice ss bud i like that yellow

Quote Originally Posted by JP636 View Post
    Glad I stumbled on this thread. I just purchased a Specialized Hardrock SE Disc and none of my friends, coworkers or family rides. They're more than happy to quote Napoleon Dynamite to me though........ I live in the southern part of DFW.

I'm trying to get my cardio and skill set up before tackling some of the better trails and eventually try a race or two. I've been on two wheels much of my life, as I just took a break from riding motorcycles.
    I just started to i spent my youth riding trails and small jumps on dirt bikes i've found ekg at river legacy a good trail for me. It says expert only but i think its fine for new riders with a since of adventure. My wife made it threw it will little help from me.i wanna get my skills up for big cedar wilderness in dallas the video's look great lots of man made jumps wall rides and dh (down hill) type stuff. My main problem is work im in the oilfield so time off is not something i get a lot of i worlk 12hrs a day 7 days a week and its been over a month since my last day off and im in jacksboro does anyone no of a trail close to here i could hit after work?

Magically Delicious
    im in jacksboro does anyone no of a trail close to here i could hit after work?
    Closest place I know of is Mineral Wells State Park, but I don't advice riding there unless you enjoy riding sand. The trails are shared equestrian, hike and bike. Mostly sand and deep sand in places. Great perhaps for horses, but it's a b!tch to ride. Been there once and wouldn't think of returning for a bike ride.

Possum Kingdom State Park might have some bikable trails...I dunno?
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

Quote Originally Posted by Cleared2land View Post
    Closest place I know of is Mineral Wells State Park, but I don't advice riding there unless you enjoy riding sand. The trails are shared equestrian, hike and bike. Mostly sand and deep sand in places. Great perhaps for horses, but it's a b!tch to ride. Been there once and wouldn't think of returning for a bike ride.

Possum Kingdom State Park might have some bikable trails...I dunno?
    I went to mineral wells a while back what a nightmare of a trail i got all the way to the back and had a flat with no spare i haven't heard of any trails by PK but it would be a great place for some with all those little mountains they have around there

Most people park in the Redbird/Possum Kingdom Trail head parking lot, because there is excellent parking clean bathrooms and a water fountain. The Red Bird/Possum Kingdom Trail also is either an easy warm up trail on your way to the Johnson's Peak Trail, or an ideal beginner trail to take beginners to.

It is the Johnson Peak Trail that ranks with Bar H, Tyler and Dinosaur Valley as one of the very best trails in North Texas. I say that because it has challenging singltrack, wonderful views of Possum Kingdom Lake, and the climb to that overlook is 350 feet. This is a must ride trail, if you are a good mountain biker. The fact that it is well marked is just icing on the cake.

Just found this might be a good trail system

Just putting thr thread back on top for people to see

mtbr member
    Went to Big Cedar yesterday and got my ass whooped. Started out on Blue Canyon a couple of times to get my feet wet. Then I about died on Ranger... I'm out of shape...

Went to Big Cedar yesterday and got my ass whooped. Started out on Blue Canyon a couple of times to get my feet wet. Then I about died on Ranger... I'm out of shape...

Thats a HT right? How did it go i have been wanting to take my trek6500 up there but was worried that i might need a full suspension bike for bug cedar

mtbr member
    Thats a HT right? How did it go i have been wanting to take my trek6500 up there but was worried that i might need a full suspension bike for bug cedar
    Yes, mine is a HT. You don't need full suspension where I went (Blue Canyon & Ranger). Maybe somebody else on here can chime in regarding the more difficult trails.

I would like to go try the dh trail just to check it out

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Yes, mine is a HT. You don't need full suspension where I went (Blue Canyon & Ranger). Maybe somebody else on here can chime in regarding the more difficult trails.
    You don't need full suspension for any of the trails out there but bring your lungs and legs.

mtbr member
    ROWLETT CREEK PRESERVE

mtbr member
    ERWIN PARK

Welcome to the thread spook. I havent hit those yet are they good ones?

Does anyone have some good vids or pics if these parks

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Spoook is trying to scare you off from RCP with that video... at least the end of it.

I rode Erwin for the first time on Friday. It is a fun trail. There isn't much climbing or hard things. The trail is fast and flowy. It would be a great trail to work out on all the time as there is enough going on without getting bored. There are enough fun features (dips, drops, etc) to make it interesting.
    Fat guys need bikes too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast