Thread: Dana Peak

clutch
    Jul 2014

We the people ... Dana Peak

Any Dana Peak riders on here?

mtbr member
    Yep, it's kind of where I learned to mountain bike. I used to ride out there regularly but between the new kid, and new job in the other direction I don't get out there often. Maybe 2-4 times a month.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Dana Peak

I enjoy DP. I haven't gotten to ride there much lately due to other things going on though. I only live about 8-10 miles from there. I think there's a group that still rides Saturday mornings. They are from Tri-City bikes in Belton.

clutch
    Jul 2014
    I have ridden with them before but they are faster and a higher skill level than me. But they are a pretty good group to go with, I just need to get better.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Dana Peak

I'm not very skilled either. I definitely can't keep up with them. You live around the area? I read in the Killeen paper the other day that they finished the work at chalk ridge falls park(below the dam). Said they have a 5 mile hike and bike trail now. Don't know anything about it but may check it out some time. I also know the paper gets things wrong time to time too.

mtbr member

Re: Dana Peak

I did 20 miles out @ Dana p. yesterday on my singlespeed. Longest ride I've done, good times.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Dana Peak

I rode out there Saturday late morning. Trail was in good shape and the weather was terrific. I did come across two people out in the field on the jeep trail who found a snake. They wouldn't get close enough to see what it was and I think they were scared to go around it in the high weeds. I walked up to it and sure enough it was a rattler. No sticks around so I used my bike to shoo it about 20 yds from the trail. They thanked me and continued on. It never rattled or acted aggressive. I guess they would still be there today if nobody had come along to run the snake off. Lol

mtbr member

Re: Dana Peak

Lol.

Wildlife I've seen out there: deer, 2 different types of snakes, roadrunners, jack rabbits, and a GIANT turtle. The turtle was awesome, and it was far away from the lake.

I saw some wild boar at blora once.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Dana Peak

Lots of hogs on Ft Hood. I've seen them on our place just east of Killeen.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    I ride Dana Peak a bit. Not as fast as the tri-city guys. Avg 10 MPHish at Dana Peak. Have seen 2 rattlers out there--one each day and night. Bell County Outdoor Rec meetup posts some rides out there. As well yeah Tri City has a Sunday morning ride. I used to go a few times a week but I rode bike and run too so now I might get out there every othe week or so.