mtbr member

Coming to Austin for 2 months, give me the low down!!

I'm coming out to Austin this Monday for two months for work. I ride allot here in Phoenix, pretty much all types of riding..Just wanted to ask you locals where I should go? I dont care what kind of trail it is, all mountain, technical whatever just looking to get out and experience TX. I can't bring my bike so I'll be renting one I guess, so if anyone could provide a good place to rent a bike that would be great too..

TiA Texas!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Check out www.austinbike.com

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynational View Post
    I'm coming out to Austin this Monday for two months for work. I ride allot here in Phoenix, pretty much all types of riding..Just wanted to ask you locals where I should go? I dont care what kind of trail it is, all mountain, technical whatever just looking to get out and experience TX. I can't bring my bike so I'll be renting one I guess, so if anyone could provide a good place to rent a bike that would be great too..

TiA Texas!!
    Rent a bike at Bicycle Sport Shop on S. Lamar Blvd. I recommend reserving a bike and maybe even showing up with a 6-pack for whoever helps you; lubrication is always good.

Check out www.bikemojo.com's forum Austin VooDoo for group ride calls. Some of the trails can be hard to follow, particularly if you're looking for the good stuff.

D

Positively negative
    Mar 2010
    PM me. I have a basic 26" hardtail loaner and I can show you some local trails if you want.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    Great site!!! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by dburatti View Post
    Rent a bike at Bicycle Sport Shop on S. Lamar Blvd. I recommend reserving a bike and maybe even showing up with a 6-pack for whoever helps you; lubrication is always good.

Check out www.bikemojo.com's forum Austin VooDoo for group ride calls. Some of the trails can be hard to follow, particularly if you're looking for the good stuff.

D
    Will def check out that website and bike shop! Thanks for your help!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_papa_nuts View Post
    PM me. I have a basic 26" hardtail loaner and I can show you some local trails if you want.
    Awesome dude! thank you!! PM inbound!

mtbr member

Re: Coming to Austin for 2 months, give me the low down!!

Pm me your info. Ill take you on some nasty fun stuff. I can get a few guys together as well. I will recommend to rent a fs bike if you wanna come with us.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EmbraceTheHate View Post
    Pm me your info. Ill take you on some nasty fun stuff. I can get a few guys together as well. I will recommend to rent a fs bike if you wanna come with us.

Hell yeah I'm down! Is there any videos of this "nasty fun stuff" on you tube or anything??

mtbr member

Re: Coming to Austin for 2 months, give me the low down!!

Quote Originally Posted by joeynational View Post
    Hell yeah I'm down! Is there any videos of this "nasty fun stuff" on you tube or anything??
    There maybe im not sure though. We have helmet cams just never uploaded one.