Spin-stabilized

bikesonline.com - what's the deal?

Ordered some stuff that were listed as "in stock" on March 5th and their website still says it hasn't been shipped yet and is "in process" which, according to them, takes 3-4 business days. I called them on all hours within their business hours and all I get is the answering machine(Yes, I have left messages). I've sent 2 e-mails to ask where my order is and so far not a single response in any form! Is this site phony? Did the winter freeze take out their computers and caused a glitch that sent my order (and CC info) in internet limbo? They suck as far as customer service is concerned. I can deal with backordered stuff and maybe a delay in processing but they have to let me know. I've never encountered a vendor that has never replied to e-mails or returned phone calls until this. I can't even cancel my freaking order now because the website has no option for cancellations!

Anyone else have any problems with them?

Edit: Doh! Just checked my bank statements, they have taken my money already. Transaction went through on the Sunday after I placed the order, a non-business day. Fuggers. Never shopping there again.
    Hey man, wanna go for a klunk?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Did you pay by Credit card? If so, I'd call them ASAP and tell them the story and see if they can refund/stop payment.

Looking at the website, I'd never trust them. The only "legit" indication they have is a BBB gif. Which, anyone can put on their site. They probably aren't even listed. I always check resellerratings.com before ordering from a website if they look remotely fishy.

Hope you get your money back.

banned
    BioCyclist

M-F 10-5 CST

1722 Washington Ave
    Suite B
    Houston, TX 77007
    Phone: 713-861-3636

if I were anywhere near them, I would pay them a visit.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    What is Biocyclist? What to they sell offer? I seen them listed online, but I've never looked into them. I'm working in that part of town this week (N Shepherd-ish) and I need to do some "shopping".

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Oh, I see now. You want me to go down there and take care of business for you? Lol.

Victim of Saddle Rage
    I've heard some good things about them and I ordered a deeply discounted RS Reba 29er that was delivered within 3 days of placement. Relatively new shop as well and they did answer the phone. I wonder if they went out of business, but their website is still taking orders. Definitely call your credit card co. right away and have them reverse the charges.

I think the owner's name is Ricky btw.
    " the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." C&H

mtbr member
    i ride by that address weekly and it's less than a block from the knapp chevrolet dealership. never ever have i seen anything that looks like a bike shop or even warehouse.

heck look it on google maps and you'll see it some loft type house address

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I haven't dealt with bikesonline.com, BUT I have ordered from bikepartsusa.com WHICH was a disaster! I will never order from them again. Took almost a month to receive my purchases in the mail. On another note....I have recently done business with jensonusa, they are awesome! Their customer service is top notch and prices are hard to beat!! Plus shipping is FASSST! My friends that I ride with also used them recently and had nothing but good things to say about them

...or SUPPORT your LBS, lol. (had to throw that in there)

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    About a year ago I ordered a Thule two bike rack. The guy was nice but it sounds like a one man shop and everything is basically drop shipped or ordered after you order it. The only reason I bought from him is that I got a discount and someone else I know got the same rack first.

I never would have ordered without a referral because the website looks a little fly by night. I bet you get your order unless he is about to go out of business and you caught the tail end.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I know this thread is pretty old, however I've just ordered from this company and can confirm they are a legit company - I know I've seen some negative press online about them.

I'd just like to say for anyone researching the validity of this company that I've been able to contact them about an issue with my order, and they (the owner - Rick) were very kind and responsive in clarifying things for me and getting my order sorted out. They *WILL* provide custom support, and they are shipping my items as expected. Just wanted to put my opinion out there because based on some feedback online it could seem like they are a total scam.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just figured I'd spread some positive review for this company because I've seen so much bad online, and they were actually quite helpful in dealing with me.

mtbr member
    I'm still waiting on a purchase to be shipped from BikesOnline.com that I ordered 8 days ago. The published phone number goes unanswered and has no option for a voicemail. I emailed support and got a response saying that it would be shipped soon. We'll see if it happens...... So far I'm no a fan and would not recommend using this website. I saved around $12 going with BikesOnline. In hindsight, I would have gladly spent a little more to have my purchase on time from a reliable website. I have no idea if I will ever see what I paid for.......

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Re: bikesonline.com - what's the deal?

Call Crank house Cycles in Bee Caves, TX to reach their store front.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    May 2004
    So, I placed an order online with a pick-up-in-store option, as I live about 4mi away. It was never processed.

Thanks to a known (to them) "glitch" in their ordering system, the orders for local pick up aren't ever actually processed. I asked him if they ever call people to follow up and let them know that they need to come in and pay for the item in advance, or perhaps change their order system to take payments online for local pickup, he said they were looking to fix it, but it wasn't pressing. Well, due to the week lag in me diagnosing and resolving the item's status after I placed the order, QBP sold out of the item I was looking for. Thanks for nothing.

Given that they just pull their stock status from QBP, they don't actually stock much in house, and the QBP stuff is subject to availability.

I'm not the only person I know that had this happen as well, I later came to find out.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I placed an order with bikesonline.com earlier this month. Received a status update two days later saying my order was "Awaiting Shipment", then nothing. I emailed but never got a response. I finally got around to calling a week after the scheduled shipment date and, after many tries, finally got someone on the line. Turns out they had not even ordered my part. I also learned that when their site says "In Stock", that means the manufacturer has it in stock. You still have to wait for it to arrive at bikesonline and for them to ship it out to you. Very cheesy and I won't be ordering through them again.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    I agree but so many stores operate this way. My only peeve is they should be upfront. i am dealing with a Florida store right now with terrific prices. BUT a lot of items are special order and all they state up front is "up to two weeks". Turns out they take a full 2 business days to process and then order the item from the manufacturer. From the point the manufacturer gets the order, the two week clock supposedly starts. We will see. DC Rainmaker "vouches" for this site. They are quick to charge credit card as soon as they place the order though. It would be much better if they would just send an interim email stating progress or fully explain on their website to allow up to two full business weeks before expecting a tracking number for special order items. Guess they may be afraid that would keep customers from clicking "buy".

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Disregarding delays and all other issues, did everyone in the end receive their order?
    Just asking because I placed an order 2 weeks ago (before seeing this thread) and I'm kind of in the same situation.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Avoid this place. I placed my order and heard nothing and tried contacting them for 2 weeks without a response. I found this thread and called Crank House and they claim only a common investor, but otherwise no affiliation. But he could tell me they were in today, so on my 3rd try today someone answered. He had no excuse for not communicating and told me the bulk of my order was not available so they could refund all or part of it. So I should see a full refund on my credit card and never do business with them again.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    After reading some negative reviews I was a little worried but I have to say my transaction with bikesonline was 100% good. I ordered 2 Kenda K-Rad tires for which they had the best price I could find. They were in stock and shipped within the 4 business day time frame stated on their site. I sent an email to them regarding the order and received a polite response the next business day. The order arrived yesterday (Philly PA) and was exactly what I asked for. Next to Amazon this was one of the best online buying experiences I've had and I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
    Last edited by topoftheworldma; 07-02-2014 at 05:11 PM.