Big Damn Hero

Bike Stolen!! Houston, Atascocita, Kingwood....

My bike was jacked from my mechanics house yesterday afternoon in Atascocita. Please keep your eyes peeled. It's a rather uncommon bike/build.

? View topic - Thieves... I Hate Them!

Thanks,
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. ~ Albert Einstein

Big Damn Hero
    Can you believe it...? One month to the day the bike was stolen, my buddy found it on Craigslist posted up by Luckys Pawn Shop about 3 miles from where it was stolen.

We worked with the cops (who had already put together a police report) to get in touch with the pawn shop. Once there, the cops verified the bike was mine (via the serial number on the bb shell) and put an evidence hold on the bike. Over the next two days the cops viewed my buddy's video footage of the theft and then interviewed the pawn shop who ID'd the guy who pawned it. Turns out he was a regular at the pawn shop and has a few priors.

Since the guy took it out of my buddy's garage while he and his wife were home, the charges were more severe so they went out and arrested him! A day later I got my bike back and have been riding the snot out of it since then.

I'm happy because (1) I got my bike back in the same condition it was stole and (2) the thief got caught and arrested and faces 2-5 years in jail.

The pawn shop technically should have checked the stolen bike registry when the guy tried to pawn it but fortunately it all worked out in the long run.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. ~ Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    awesome news...i would hate it if my babies ever got stolen