mtbr member

Big Cedar trial maps? Did I miss something?

Does anyone have a good link, or way to find a good trail map of Big Cedar in Dallas?

I rode this Big Cedar for the first time today and it was killer... It Kicked me in the nuts though. Major props to the stuart Shadow.

I think I missed out on part of the ranger loop, and would like to make sure if I did or not for next time. Shortly after the really gnarly climb on brick, I began following signs that said "exit to trail head" which took me down a jeep road back to the parking lot. Along the road I saw arrows for the ranger loop but they looked like sections I had already been though and I just kept on the jeep road. Did I miss more trails?

I also plan on riding some of the extensions next time so a map would be super helpful.
    I don't always listen to slayer, but when I do so do the neighbors.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

The entire trail is around 22ish miles right now. And after the long bricked climb, more affectionately named stairway to heaven, there is another 5-8 miles of trail I think. Ranger is just the connecting loop that all of these subsequent trails split off from.

Dorba would be most likely to have an updated trail map.
    http://dorba.org/trail.php?t=2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I'm not riding I help beginner mountain bikers learn new skills at Texas Mountain Bike Trails.

mtbr member

Then I defiantly missed that last set of loops. I checked dorba's site before my ride but it wasn't much help. I think I know where I went wrong so I guess I will try again next weekend. Any suggestions on which loop to add? Was thinking of adding sxsw on the next ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Yeah for sure! I absolutely recommend you check out the following loops on your next ride at Big Cedar.

Man Bites Dog
    S.O.S.
    SXSW
    Pack Mule
    Texas Sunset

If you do all of those plus Ranger your legs should be screaming at you

If it helps at all, here is a link to my ride there about two weeks ago. This is everything minus one of the beginner loops that our group cut out.

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | 20 miles near Dallas | Times and Records | Strava
    When I'm not riding I help beginner mountain bikers learn new skills at Texas Mountain Bike Trails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnskee22 View Post
    Yeah for sure! I absolutely recommend you check out the following loops on your next ride at Big Cedar.

Man Bites Dog
    S.O.S.
    SXSW
    Pack Mule
    Texas Sunset

If you do all of those plus Ranger your legs should be screaming at you

If it helps at all, here is a link to my ride there about two weeks ago. This is everything minus one of the beginner loops that our group cut out.

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | 20 miles near Dallas | Times and Records | Strava
    Right on thanks man!!! that was what I needed to see where I took that wrong turn. I forgot to run my strava app yesterday, would have been great to compare my route too.

I actually have used your videos on youtube to scout trails. I just got back into riding after a few years off. Its good to check out whats changed and what has been added to local trails. Thanks for the videos, they have been super helpful in getting idea of what to expect.