Custom User Title

Anything in Corpus Christi?

A few friends and I are going to the coast this November. While they are out deep sea fishing, I plan on spending the time to myself. Id go with them on the boat, but 2 out of the 3 times Ive been deep sea fishing I got sick. No point in spending 100 dollars just to get sick.

Are there any trails or any decent riding spots in Corpus, or is the beach good?

mtbr member
    Anything to ride in/around Corpus Christi?

Bottom line is there's not much aside from beach riding. You could also rent a kayak and cruise around in the flat water of the Laguna Madre.

Custom User Title
    Nuts. I kind of figured there wasn't anything after five minutes of searching. I guess I'll go ride the beach for a while. Then go explore the Lexington again. Aquarium, explore town, see what all I can do in the 12 hours they are gone.

Is is November yet?

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    a kayak sounds pretty fun, actually...

Lucky...
    Apr 2008
    Get a guide and go fly fishing for red fish. Great way to spend a Nov day.
    Yeti SB-95a Black

Custom User Title
    Never been kayaking before. My sister has a couple of times recently. Ill have to check it out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Have you tried taking Dramamine for your sea sickness? When I was boat diving in Hawaii I would start taking it two days before the actual dive and it really helped me, before that I was feeding the fish on every trip. Taking it a day or two early allows it to work best, it did nothing for me if I took it just before the trip. Just a thought.

Custom User Title
    I've tried everything. Still didn't help. The first fishing trip was only a five and a half hour trip, so I didn't have enough time to get sick. Of course hardly anything was caught out of everyone on the boat. The second trip a storm had just blown through so it was deadliest catch style fishing. Everyone got sick so I didn't think much about that one. Last trip had calm flat waters. The two hour ride was fine, but as soon as we started fishing is when it hit me. Luckily I did manage to catch a few before I called it a day.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    That's rough. I was miserable on the boat trip out to the dive sites and on the way back but it was worth it. The Dramamine saved me because I was ready to stick to diving from the shore. Sorry, I can't help you with info about MTB around Corpus, I was there for Beach to Bay and would have liked to get in a ride too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Oso park has a small trail network that is for hike and bike. It's not much but it's better than nothing.