mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Anyone here from Tyler?

Just checking. I know that some of our Tyler Bike Club folks check in here every so often.

For those who might not have heard, the new trails at Lindsey Park are being worked on often and are coming close to completion. It's going to be a more open,flowing trail in most parts compared to Faulkner Park. There are several long climbs out there and some nice downhills.

We have another work day this coming Saturday (the 28th). The weather should be great. We meet at 12:30pm in the parking lot of the lower softball fields. If you can join us, please bring a garden rake (the kind with the stiff straight tines) and/or a tree lopper, gloves and boots.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Floyd I live in Flint and have been getting into MB riding as of late. I would like to help out with the trails as well when I can but I am a true novice in trail building and would have to be ordered around. I usually ride Faulkner a few times a week and Lindsey when I can, UT twice and never been to TSP.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I live in Tyler but travel most weekends. With a little fore-planning I could help on a work day. Any place you post the dates?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    December 8 - 11:45AM

December 15 - 9AM

There will probably also be one on 12/29 to do a final prep for the 4-hour endurance race on January 5.

Thanks for your willingness to help. See you out there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Henderson here

Tree Dodger
    Nov 2012
    Pink, what 4 hour endurance race is on Jan 5th? Lindsey?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TxMatt View Post
    Pink, what 4 hour endurance race is on Jan 5th? Lindsey?

Yes.

The City of Tyler opening ceremony for the Lindsey trail is at 9:30AM, with the race starting at 10AM.