Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Formerly mtbnoobadam
    Reputation: Adam_B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    782

    Anyone in the fort hood area want to ride with me?

    If you are looking for someone to ride with or already have a group and are willing to let me tag along let me know. I've been riding a few years and am an intermediate level rider.I've been here for a while and used to have some riding buddies but they have all moved this last winter.

  2. #2
    Fat Biker
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    426
    Shoot ArmySlowRdr a PM. He lives in Harker Heights and rides Dana Peak quite often. BLORA and Lake Bryan are also on his favorites list.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TEXAS-MENACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4
    I live in the Killeen area. I have not ridden BLORA or Dana Peak but have been meaning to get out to those trails. I have ridden Parrie Haynes and Reveille Peak Ranch. Depending on day and time i may be down to ride.
    http://www.yeticycles.com/

  4. #4
    Formerly mtbnoobadam
    Reputation: Adam_B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    782
    I've ridden blora a few times, not really a fan of it. I'm usually at dana peak a few times a week. My schedule is pretty flexible, just let me know a good time for you and we can meet up.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pedigre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    712
    Give me about 6 months.
    Pedigre


  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TEXAS-MENACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnoobadam View Post
    I've ridden blora a few times, not really a fan of it. I'm usually at dana peak a few times a week. My schedule is pretty flexible, just let me know a good time for you and we can meet up.
    How about this Monday @ Dana Peak or Parrie Haynes? Say around 5 or 6 pm?
    http://www.yeticycles.com/

  7. #7
    Formerly mtbnoobadam
    Reputation: Adam_B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS-MENACE View Post
    How about this Monday @ Dana Peak or Parrie Haynes? Say around 5 or 6 pm?
    PM sent

    This is kind of a weird week for me schedule wise. I can do Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday at 6pm at dana peak.
    Last edited by Adam_B.; 06-09-2012 at 06:45 AM.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodchuck7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    22
    I know this is a old post but I will be coming back to the Fort Hood area this January. Any of you still around the hood area. Looking forward to getting back to riding Texas trails...

  9. #9
    Formerly mtbnoobadam
    Reputation: Adam_B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    782
    Yep still here. I'm pretty outta shape since surgery earlier this year but I'm always down to ride as long as you don't mind my slow azz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles
    That depends. Can you go fvck yourself?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodchuck7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    22
    Works for me Adam, going to have to work off my winter legs anyhow....I'll PM you once I get there in January...I use to ride Dana Peak all time from the mid 90's to 06...

  11. #11
    Formerly mtbnoobadam
    Reputation: Adam_B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    782
    Cool. They've cut in some new trails since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles
    That depends. Can you go fvck yourself?

  12. #12
    Quiet Professional
    Reputation: chef7734's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    515
    I am in Lampasas but work in Killeen. Not hit any trails around here but would love to find some. I am pretty out of shape, but trying to get back in to it.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodchuck7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by chef7734 View Post
    I am in Lampasas but work in Killeen. Not hit any trails around here but would love to find some. I am pretty out of shape, but trying to get back in to it.
    I remembered Dana Peak being fun, Belton outdoor recreation wasn't constructed when I was there, at least not the way that it is now. When I get there in January I am definitely going to Reveille Peak Ranch in Burnet, Texas.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12

    Soon...

    Ft. Hood is my next duty station. Im headed up there december 20th and should have my bike shipped to me a few days after once I'm settled in. I'll chime in again once Im there and ready to ride. How far are the nearest/best trails to Ft. Hood?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodchuck7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptankaos View Post
    Ft. Hood is my next duty station. Im headed up there december 20th and should have my bike shipped to me a few days after once I'm settled in. I'll chime in again once Im there and ready to ride. How far are the nearest/best trails to Ft. Hood?
    Both Dana Peak and Fort Hood Outdoor Rec area are about 14 miles from Hood.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12
    I know Reveille Peak Ranch is further out but how is it? On their website It says they've got a flow trail. Is that still up and running?

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodchuck7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptankaos View Post
    I know Reveille Peak Ranch is further out but how is it? On their website It says they've got a flow trail. Is that still up and running?
    Haven't ever been but everybody(on the forums at least) raves about it like it's a must ride, so I have to go and see for myself. I've seen a few videos of it, looks like pretty good riding. I'll go for sure at least once... sounds like a good road trip for Saturday or Sunday.

  18. #18
    Formerly mtbnoobadam
    Reputation: Adam_B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    782
    I haven't made my way out to reveille but definitely want to. The furthest I've ventured from here is the goodwater loop around lake georgetown and that trail has almost no flow and is rough on the body with how rocky it is. For some reason I still get a wild hair and hit it a couple times a year just cuz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles
    That depends. Can you go fvck yourself?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodchuck7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    22
    I'm in the Fort Hood area now, looking to get back on the bike. If any wants to ride hit me up...
    v/r
    Woodchuck

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_B. View Post
    I haven't made my way out to reveille but definitely want to. The furthest I've ventured from here is the goodwater loop around lake georgetown and that trail has almost no flow and is rough on the body with how rocky it is. For some reason I still get a wild hair and hit it a couple times a year just cuz.
    The goodwater loop at lake Georgetown is my "home" trail. It is rough out there but I figured if I can ride that trail, I can ride any in the area. I like going to walnut creek to get my flow fix though.

  21. #21
    Dex
    Dex is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    629
    My son has just got stationed at Ft Hood.
    He's a mechanic with the 2-227th Aviation Regiment, 1ACB.
    I dismantled and packed up his 2010 Specialized Rockhopper to be shipped to some friends off base.




    Would anyone be interested in helping him get it back together.
    I took off the pedals, removed the handle bar from the stem, unbolted the rear derailleur and hanger, deflated the tubes and removed the tires and tubes from the rims.
    WTB steel bead 2.4 tires with thick tubes, the rear wheel can be difficult getting on and off due to the rim brakes and, wide tire while working the chain around the cassette
    .
    Removed the seat and seat post. then wiped off the grease from the post.
    The only tools needed is a 15mm wrench and 6mm, 5mm and 4mm allen wrenches and a little grease.
    Send me a message if interested and I'll pass the info on to my son.
    Thanks in advance!!
    Dex
    ddavis662@yahoo.com
    Noxubee Hills Trail System's FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noxube...8499244?v=wall

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodchuck7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    22
    I can help him if he needs, but I willing to bet that someone in his unit has the tools needed to put the bike back together. Just have him ask someone, if not just PM me.
    v/r
    Woodchuck

  23. #23
    Dex
    Dex is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by woodchuck7 View Post
    I can help him if he needs, but I willing to bet that someone in his unit has the tools needed to put the bike back together. Just have him ask someone, if not just PM me.
    Thanks!
    I'll tell him.
    Noxubee Hills Trail System's FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noxube...8499244?v=wall

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •