• 06-01-2012
    Adam_B.
    Anyone in the fort hood area want to ride with me?
    If you are looking for someone to ride with or already have a group and are willing to let me tag along let me know. I've been riding a few years and am an intermediate level rider.I've been here for a while and used to have some riding buddies but they have all moved this last winter.
  • 06-03-2012
    soccerdude
    Shoot ArmySlowRdr a PM. He lives in Harker Heights and rides Dana Peak quite often. BLORA and Lake Bryan are also on his favorites list.
  • 06-03-2012
    TEXAS-MENACE
    I live in the Killeen area. I have not ridden BLORA or Dana Peak but have been meaning to get out to those trails. I have ridden Parrie Haynes and Reveille Peak Ranch. Depending on day and time i may be down to ride.
  • 06-04-2012
    Adam_B.
    I've ridden blora a few times, not really a fan of it. I'm usually at dana peak a few times a week. My schedule is pretty flexible, just let me know a good time for you and we can meet up.
  • 06-05-2012
    Pedigre
    Give me about 6 months.
  • 06-09-2012
    TEXAS-MENACE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbnoobadam View Post
    I've ridden blora a few times, not really a fan of it. I'm usually at dana peak a few times a week. My schedule is pretty flexible, just let me know a good time for you and we can meet up.

How about this Monday @ Dana Peak or Parrie Haynes? Say around 5 or 6 pm?
  • 06-09-2012
    Adam_B.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXAS-MENACE View Post
    How about this Monday @ Dana Peak or Parrie Haynes? Say around 5 or 6 pm?

PM sent

This is kind of a weird week for me schedule wise. I can do Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday at 6pm at dana peak.
  • 12-01-2012
    woodchuck7
    I know this is a old post but I will be coming back to the Fort Hood area this January. Any of you still around the hood area. Looking forward to getting back to riding Texas trails...
  • 12-01-2012
    Adam_B.
    Yep still here. I'm pretty outta shape since surgery earlier this year but I'm always down to ride as long as you don't mind my slow azz.
  • 12-01-2012
    woodchuck7
    Works for me Adam, going to have to work off my winter legs anyhow....I'll PM you once I get there in January...I use to ride Dana Peak all time from the mid 90's to 06...
  • 12-01-2012
    Adam_B.
    Cool. They've cut in some new trails since then. :thumbsup:
  • 12-01-2012
    chef7734
    I am in Lampasas but work in Killeen. Not hit any trails around here but would love to find some. I am pretty out of shape, but trying to get back in to it.
  • 12-02-2012
    woodchuck7
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chef7734 View Post
    I am in Lampasas but work in Killeen. Not hit any trails around here but would love to find some. I am pretty out of shape, but trying to get back in to it.

I remembered Dana Peak being fun, Belton outdoor recreation wasn't constructed when I was there, at least not the way that it is now. When I get there in January I am definitely going to Reveille Peak Ranch in Burnet, Texas.
  • 12-02-2012
    Kaptankaos
    Soon...
    Ft. Hood is my next duty station. Im headed up there december 20th and should have my bike shipped to me a few days after once I'm settled in. I'll chime in again once Im there and ready to ride. How far are the nearest/best trails to Ft. Hood?
  • 12-03-2012
    woodchuck7
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaptankaos View Post
    Ft. Hood is my next duty station. Im headed up there december 20th and should have my bike shipped to me a few days after once I'm settled in. I'll chime in again once Im there and ready to ride. How far are the nearest/best trails to Ft. Hood?

Both Dana Peak and Fort Hood Outdoor Rec area are about 14 miles from Hood.
  • 12-03-2012
    Kaptankaos
    I know Reveille Peak Ranch is further out but how is it? On their website It says they've got a flow trail. Is that still up and running?
  • 12-03-2012
    woodchuck7
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaptankaos View Post
    I know Reveille Peak Ranch is further out but how is it? On their website It says they've got a flow trail. Is that still up and running?

Haven't ever been but everybody(on the forums at least) raves about it like it's a must ride, so I have to go and see for myself. I've seen a few videos of it, looks like pretty good riding. I'll go for sure at least once... sounds like a good road trip for Saturday or Sunday.
  • 12-03-2012
    Adam_B.
    I haven't made my way out to reveille but definitely want to. The furthest I've ventured from here is the goodwater loop around lake georgetown and that trail has almost no flow and is rough on the body with how rocky it is. For some reason I still get a wild hair and hit it a couple times a year just cuz.
  • 01-23-2013
    woodchuck7
    I'm in the Fort Hood area now, looking to get back on the bike. If any wants to ride hit me up...
  • 01-25-2013
    trevor_b
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam_B. View Post
    I haven't made my way out to reveille but definitely want to. The furthest I've ventured from here is the goodwater loop around lake georgetown and that trail has almost no flow and is rough on the body with how rocky it is. For some reason I still get a wild hair and hit it a couple times a year just cuz.

The goodwater loop at lake Georgetown is my "home" trail. It is rough out there but I figured if I can ride that trail, I can ride any in the area. I like going to walnut creek to get my flow fix though.
  • 01-28-2013
    Dex
    My son has just got stationed at Ft Hood.
    He's a mechanic with the 2-227th Aviation Regiment, 1ACB.
    I dismantled and packed up his 2010 Specialized Rockhopper to be shipped to some friends off base.
    http://media11.dropshots.com/photos/...127/121907.jpg

http://media10.dropshots.com/photos/...127/193312.jpg

Would anyone be interested in helping him get it back together.
    I took off the pedals, removed the handle bar from the stem, unbolted the rear derailleur and hanger, deflated the tubes and removed the tires and tubes from the rims.
    WTB steel bead 2.4 tires with thick tubes, the rear wheel can be difficult getting on and off due to the rim brakes and, wide tire while working the chain around the cassette
    Removed the seat and seat post. then wiped off the grease from the post.
    The only tools needed is a 15mm wrench and 6mm, 5mm and 4mm allen wrenches and a little grease.
    Send me a message if interested and I'll pass the info on to my son.
    Thanks in advance!!
    Dex
    ddavis662@yahoo.com
  • 01-29-2013
    woodchuck7
    I can help him if he needs, but I willing to bet that someone in his unit has the tools needed to put the bike back together. Just have him ask someone, if not just PM me.
  • 01-29-2013
    Dex
    Quote:

Originally Posted by woodchuck7 View Post
    I can help him if he needs, but I willing to bet that someone in his unit has the tools needed to put the bike back together. Just have him ask someone, if not just PM me.

Thanks!
    I'll tell him.