mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Any pansy places to ride in Texas?

I've been mountain biking a couple months, and I've gotten to ride some cool trails at Reveille Peak Ranch in Burnet, Cameron Park in Waco, Bluff Creek Ranch in Warda and Solavaca in Glen Rose. I realize the thrill of moutain biking is the challenge of technical stuff but sometimes I just wish I could go spin and hit some singletrack without stressing about big drops or a ton of rocks.

Are there any REALLY easy places that are fun to ride? Particularly in Waco or Austin?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftchick View Post
    I've been mountain biking a couple months, and I've gotten to ride some cool trails at Reveille Peak Ranch in Burnet, Cameron Park in Waco, Bluff Creek Ranch in Warda and Solavaca in Glen Rose. I realize the thrill of moutain biking is the challenge of technical stuff but sometimes I just wish I could go spin and hit some singletrack without stressing about big drops or a ton of rocks.

Are there any REALLY easy places that are fun to ride? Particularly in Waco or Austin?
    Slaughter creek in austin. Its really easy and fun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Walnut Creek in north Austin should fit the bill nicely. Lake Waco Trails might be a nice alternative, as well.
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    Try Woodway Park in Waco. It's a loop that's just under 4 miles...mostly smooth single track, twisty, with short ups and downs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedigre View Post
    Walnut Creek in north Austin should fit the bill nicely. Lake Waco Trails might be a nice alternative, as well.
    +1 walnut creek, it is a very fast flowy course with enough stuff to be interesting

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Good deal, thanks y'all. I have been all those places except slaughter creek for running, so I'm excited to try them out on mi bicicleta

Big Damn Hero
    If you're in the Houston area you can check out Double Lakes... very smooth and fast.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. ~ Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Try McAllister park in San Antonio. Not very technical, but very fast smooth singletrack and a great cardio workout.

mtbr member
    McKinney Falls State Park has pretty easy trail loop, it's not very long, but it's nice and easy.

Mary Moore Searight Park is not very popular with bikers, but it's pretty easy as well.
    There is no magic bike, it is all about the magic you put in it.
    -Willow Rockwell

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Salado Creek in San Antonio Tx... Rocky but good trails.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    uhhh outside the climbing bit, a LARGE portion of cameron park is not technical.

try slaughter creek---it is pretty flat---but there will be some nice bits of rock garden.

dana peak near killeen is good for what I have found is the place in Texas I can truly ride the fastest at. Slaughter would be 2d and Walnut Creek 3d I think.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Inner loop at Cleburne state park
    Cedar Hill state park south of Dallas, big ring goodness!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Lots of options on my site. I recommend walnut creek, slaughter creek, muleshoe bend and pace bend as options.

Not sure salado creek is what you are looking for.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

Formerly mtbnoobadam
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr View Post

dana peak near killeen is good for what I have found is the place in Texas I can truly ride the fastest at. Slaughter would be 2d and Walnut Creek 3d I think.
    Dana Peak is my go to trail. Mostly because its the closest but it sounds like what you are looking for. Plenty of flowy singletrack and nothing too techincal. Some new trails have been added to the system this summer so you can get some miles in without making multiple loops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles
    That depends. Can you go fvck yourself?

bike rider
    Walnut Creek in Austin is my Wifes Favorite trail if that tells you anything. I really like it too.
    I got some pretty decent Niners!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr View Post
    uhhh outside the climbing bit, a LARGE portion of cameron park is not technical.
    For a new rider like myself, a lot of Cameron Park seems fairly technical. Mainly because of a lot of (large) ups and downs.

Woodway Park in Waco is easier by a bit, but there's still a lot of ups and downs and I had to get off and push a couple times. You also have to dodge less hikers/runners and other bikes, which is nice. I was there around 3:00pm on a Sunday, at that same time at Cameron there's plenty of people there.
    2012 Trek Marlin 29er