mtbr member
    May 2012

any maps of dana peak trails

I rode the trail last week and it seemed like every trail we rode it seem the wrongway i do remember seeing red tags on branches and a rock that i think used to have a turtle on it.it that helps . i plan going back on firday. Thanks tj

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    No maps that I have ever seen. Best bet is to talk to Chad at Tri City Bikes in Belton. Also he does an 18 mile group ride at Dana's every saturday

MMS
    mtbr member
    The fun of Dana Peak is exploring. Sun Country bikes in Temple I think had some maps at one time.

I just recently learned Miller Springs trails are open to bikes now.

MMS
    mtbr member

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    You can also probably download any of my gpx files of that area on ridewithgps---links in my sig. I have ridden Dana Peak a LOT.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    I did not know that about Miller Springs. hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by MMS View Post
    The fun of Dana Peak is exploring. Sun Country bikes in Temple I think had some maps at one time.

I just recently learned Miller Springs trails are open to bikes now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    That map that MMS posted is very outdated, and contains none of the new trails. Best bet is to go exploring! If you find the trailhead for the "One Niner" take it as an out and back as far as want to explore. FYI it'll go all the way to the dam.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks for the replays.... this is where we made it to . We were short on time but we made the best of it. What pace is the Saturday ride and how big of a group

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...598dc3e7efddc0

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks for the replays.... this is where we made it to . We were short on time but we made the best of it. What pace is the Saturday ride and how big of a group

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...598dc3e7efddc0

MMS
    mtbr member
    There were some trail help days at Miller Springs a few months ago. I rode it this morning (close to home). Some of the bottom, "prairie" area is pretty overgrown...It's fun, but not FUN. It's close to home so that's a super bonus. I'm doing it on a SS. (except some for some of the climbs). Still learning it. Was gonna start using MapMyRide app to "mark" it.

A word...

The upper parking area of Miller Springs is frequented by dudes trolling dudes. Not judging, just saying.

MMS
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saladotx View Post
    That map that MMS posted is very outdated, and contains none of the new trails. Best bet is to go exploring! If you find the trailhead for the "One Niner" take it as an out and back as far as want to explore. FYI it'll go all the way to the dam.
    Absolutely right. An old map & best to go exploring...BUT...it does show the main trails, and provides some orientation.