mtbr member

Any good campsites near DORBA trails in DFW?

We just got a popup camper and this fall would like to camp and ride. For starters I would like to be within an hour or so of DFW. I know Northshore has camping near the trails there, any other recommendations on places with hookups near DORBA trails?

Thanks!
    Roots, Rocks, Ruts and Padded Butts

XC racer
    May 2005
    Cedar Hill State Park, south of Dallas proper. Mtb trails right in the park, and Big Cedar is just a few miles away, you could probably ride over there. Boulder, Sansom, OCP, all within pretty easy drives. Northshore isn't too far from LB Houston so two fairly close trails there too.

meh
    for camp/ride quasi locally, cedar hill state park, dinosaur valley state park, tyler state park, lake ray roberts state park (isle du bois and johnson branch), cleburne state park...note the common "state park" theme, safest bet for true camping, there are a couple mtn bike ranches down in the hill country that also have camping

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu View Post
    for camp/ride quasi locally, cedar hill state park, dinosaur valley state park, tyler state park, lake ray roberts state park (isle du bois and johnson branch), cleburne state park...note the common "state park" theme, safest bet for true camping, there are a couple mtn bike ranches down in the hill country that also have camping

Thank ya'll for the suggestions. I agree about the state parks, probably need to get a park pass. Tyler has been a park I keep forgetting about. Thanks!
    Roots, Rocks, Ruts and Padded Butts