mtbr member
    Feb 2007

The 2013 3rd Annual FWMBA Fort Worth Fat Tire Festival!

Quote Originally Posted by M2RIDER
    [/URL]

The Fort Worth Mountain Bikers’ Association (FWMBA), a 501c3, non-profit mountain bike club with trails at Marion Sansom and Gateway Parks in Fort Worth, Texas and Bicycles Incorporated would like to extend an invitation to all to attend the 2013 3rd Annual FWMBA Fort Worth Fat Tire Festival at Gateway Park, Sunday, June 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. The festival, a fund raiser for FWMBA, will celebrate all things mountain bike including live music, food trucks, beverages, special mountain bike events, beginners mountain bike clinic, bicycle demos, and industry insider vendors. We’d love for you to be at the festival to help make our super mountain bike party a success.

What happens at the Fort Worth Fat Tire Festival?

The Festival will feature food trucks, live music, mountain bike vendors, mountain bike events, bicycle demos, guided mountain bike rides, Fat Tire Festival merchandise, short track races, a kid’s crit, opportunities to join FWMBA, the always popular Fat Boy Crit and the chance to ride all the single track mountain bike trails at Gateway Park surrounded by a cool mountain bike vibe.

Why are we having a Mountain Bike Festival? To promote the spirit of mountain biking!

The 2013 3rd Annual FWMBA Fort Worth Fat Tire Festival at Gateway Park is a fundraiser, Virginia, and we all love mountain biking! The miles of delicious single track at MSP and Gateway cost $$$ to build, maintain, and operate. FWMBA must raise thousands of dollars every year on its own behalf to finance the purchase and rental of tools, tool maintenance and insurance to indemnify the city and all sorts of incidentals. We do this so you can enjoy these two fantastic trails free of charge. We also cannot think of a better way to end the trail building season than having a big Fat Tire Festival to celebrate our trails.

Why is Bicycles Incorporated inviting me to the FWMBA Fat Tire Festival?

Our friends at Bicycles Incorporated are sponsoring the event by financing the acquisition of everything needed for such an epic event. Bicycles Incorporated is assuming all associated costs including renting the stage, PA, and generator so we can have live music, Fat Tire Festival t-shirts, righteous port-o-cans for your festival privy needs, and all sorts of other festival must haves. In short, Bicycles Incorporated is covering Fat Tire Festival infrastructure so FWMBA can spend their cash reserves on single track rather than leasing port-o-cans. Thanks to Bicycles Incorporated!

How do I attend such a cool festival?

Head to Gateway Park with your bike on Sunday, June 9 from 9:00 am till 3:00 pm. Entry into the festival requires a $15 donation to FWMBA. If you are a family of 4 or more, you pay only $40. Please bring cash only!

Where is Gateway Park?

Gateway Park . . .
    East 1st Street
    Fort Worth, TX76111
    United States
    32° 45' 45.5976" N, 97° 16' 22.3068" W
    See map: Google Maps 32.762666 -97.272863 (750 Beach Street, Fort Worth, TX, 76111, us) - Google Maps

Is there a trail map of Gateway Park available?
    Yes! Check out . . . http://www.fwmba.org/trails/Gateway2012.pdf

What if I’m a Vendor, Bicycle Industry Insider, and/or Bicycle Hipster and I want to set up a tent, awning, or trailer to promote my product or service at the Festival?

FWMBA would love for anyone and everyone in the bicycle business, supporters of the bicycle business, or simply bicycle lovers to be at the Festival to promote their product or service. We’re asking for two things: Make your $15 donation to FWMBA for each person in your crew who enters the festival and make a donation of merchandise to FWMBA. The merchandise will be used in a drawing to reward our volunteer trail builders for their hard work in building great single track in Fort Worth!
    All Vendors, Bicycle Industry Insiders, and/or Bicycle Hipsters must report to the Gateway Park parking director located at the event registration no later than 8:30 am. Please RSVP via this forum thread if you are planning on bringing an 18-wheeler, large trailer, or bus.

Who are some of the confirmed attendees for this year’s Fat Tire Festival?

- Specialized Bicycles Demo Truck
    - Trek Bicycles Demo Truck
    - Shimano Demo Truck
    - SRAM Demo Truck
    - Bicycles Incorporated
    - Giant Bicycles Demo Truck
    - Colonels Bicycles
    - Martin House
    - Rahr
    - DORBA
    - Velo Gold Bicycles
    - VB Clothing
    - Let us know if your shop or service business will be at the festival!

Below is the tentative event schedule . . . .

9:00 am – Festival Grounds Open and Open Trail Rides Begin
    10:00am – FWMBA Beginner Mountain Bike Clinic
    10:30 am – Live Music Begins
    11:00 am – Colonel’s Bicycles Guided No-Drop Ride Around Gateway Park
    12:00 Noon – Velo Gold Short Track Races
    1:00 pm – Casey’s Kid’s Crit
    1:00 pm - Colonel’s Bicycles Guided No-Drop Ride Around Gateway Park
    2:00 pm – Fred’s Texas Café Fat Boy Crit
    3:00 pm – Festival Conclusion

Do you want to get the latest inside scoop on Fat Tire Festival planning?

Attend the May 7, 2013 FWMBA Meeting at Backwoods (2727 W7th Street, Fort Worth, Texas 817-332-2423. Meet upstairs at 7:00pm.

I’d like to see a photo narrative from last year’s festival. Do you have that?

Click on the link below!
    Fort Worth Mountain Bikers' Association :: View topic - FAT TIRE FESTIVAL FOTO FANDANGO

What if I have any questions, concerns or comments?

Please ask via this forum thread (you will have to create a username and password to do so).

We hope y’all can make it out to the 2013 3rd Annual FWMBA Fort Worth Fat Tire Festival at Gateway Park! More details to follow!
    One more trail workday between now and then. Details to follow in another post.

SS in CO
    everyone should come out to this! it gets better and better every year. this year will be even bigger!

J.
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Food included??

Quote Originally Posted by beechnut View Post
    One more trail workday between now and then. Details to follow in another post.
    I came the year before last and it was amazing. FWMBA provided breakfast burritos for breakfast and then Steak and chicken Fajitas for lunch + water bottle and tee shirt all included for the $15.

Can we expect anything similar this year?? I'm trying to decide if I can afford to bring my family.

Thanks!!!!!

Mike

SS in CO
    just FYI, even with the rain, this festival is still on! the trail riding will not happen, but everything else still will. come on out and celebrate fat tires!

J.
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website