Mines 29

2012 Smurfboy Summer Endurance Series

The North Texas Mountain Bike Patrol Proudly Presents:

The 2012 Smurfboy Summer Endurance Series

This will be a series of four 4 Hour races.
    Each Race will be from 6pm-10pm.

Rowlett Creek June 16, 2012
    Boulder Park June 30, 2012
    River Legacy July 14, 2012
    North Shore July 28, 2012

Price is as follows:
    $40 per race
    $120 if you preregister for all four races up front

You can find more information at:

NTMBP

and

Smurf Boy 2012 | Facebook
    2008 Specialized Epic
    2010 Vassago Bandersnatch
    2009 Vassago FistiCuff
    2009 Vassago Jabberwocky
    www.BIGPIGRACING.org

mtbr member
    I'm planning on entering the RCP race. This'll be my first race, so I have a couple questions I haven't seen answered anywhere else (yet).

I know the current lap doesn't end until the next one starts, but is there a way to access extra supplies that I don't plan to carry on the bike (more water, PB&J, etc.)? Will racers be allowed to go back to their cars at the end of a lap, or is there another location where we'd keep our supplies and such?

Is it worth bringing non-racer family members? It seems like they'd only get to do any cheering for just a few seconds per lap... having them show up for just the start & finish would require them to be in a separate car, which may not be good if parking is already limited.

Looking forward to the 16th!

BBW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shoaf View Post
    I'm planning on entering the RCP race. This'll be my first race, so I have a couple questions I haven't seen answered anywhere else (yet).

I know the current lap doesn't end until the next one starts, but is there a way to access extra supplies that I don't plan to carry on the bike (more water, PB&J, etc.)? Will racers be allowed to go back to their cars at the end of a lap, or is there another location where we'd keep our supplies and such?

Is it worth bringing non-racer family members? It seems like they'd only get to do any cheering for just a few seconds per lap... having them show up for just the start & finish would require them to be in a separate car, which may not be good if parking is already limited.

Looking forward to the 16th!
    You can do whatever you want between laps (access car, get water, etc). The next lap starts once you pass by the "ankle reader" or whatever is called. Lap times are not important since the one who does the most laps in the least amount of time wins
    As far as family members or crew: it will be boring for them unless they are a group that can drink beer and do something else while you do your laps. Some people do
    See ya there
    PS: remember you can start a new lap before 9:59 PM so you could be riding more than 4 hours (I always do..)
    BBW. MS, RD

mtbr member
    Thanks BBW!

We'll see how this goes!

Code Burr
    Quote Originally Posted by shoaf View Post
    Thanks BBW!

We'll see how this goes!
    Make sure you take a whole box of laxative the night before the race.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze View Post
    Make sure you take a whole box of laxative the night before the race.
    Ah! For extra thrust!

mtbr member
    I've never been out to a race like this. Are there spectators, and if so, where do most folks choose to watch from? I won't be racing, just curious to know about watching.