Desert RAT

12 hours of old EL Paso

I can't seem to find anywhere to sign up for 12 Hours of Old El paso online. Everything I find is out of date. Am I being to much of an early bird, or is all hope lost, and I am to late?

mtbr member
    Pretty sure you're not too late. I don't think it has opened up yet. If I remember correctly from last year the online registration opened up kind of close to race day.

Desert RAT
    Awesome! I hope that's the case. I really love riding that area!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    According to this website
    the-bicycle-company.net/events.html
    October 20th is the date but no more information.
    Rick Ankrum
    www.texbiker.net
    Texas Bicycling News, Events and Experiences

Wizerbs
    Jan 2010

12 Hours of Old El Paso

Race registration is finally open at New Mexico Sports Online

Call Chris at The Bicycle Company if you have any questions, 915-544-2453

mtbr member
    Where is this race at, and what does it involve?
    “You see us? We’re the people kicking your a*s. Fear us, because we will kill you, motherfu*ker,”*

-Chris Kyle

Desert RAT
    I found you can register online at New Mexico sports. It opened up 2 days ago.

mtbr member
    The course is on the eastern side of the Franklin Mountains at Heinrich park. It's a 8+ mile loop that takes you on a combination of desert singletrack and a bit of double track. There is usually about 2.5-3 hours of night riding involved.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kinsler View Post
    The course is on the eastern side of the Franklin Mountains at Heinrich park. It's a 8+ mile loop that takes you on a combination of desert singletrack and a bit of double track. There is usually about 2.5-3 hours of night riding involved.
    That's where I ride every Sunday. I usually do a 12 mile loop. Old Tin Mine to Scenic, Scenic to Rock Shock down to Sotol Forest then take a right down to the round house, Lazy Cow to Old Tin Mine down to the parking lot. Usually takes 1.5 to 2 hours depending on how much we BS.

So you run an 8 mile loop for this race continuously for approx 12 hours?
    Last edited by desert guy; 09-08-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    “You see us? We’re the people kicking your a*s. Fear us, because we will kill you, motherfu*ker,”*

-Chris Kyle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
    That's where I ride every Sunday. I usually do a 12 mike loop. Old Tin Mine to Scenic, Scenic to Rock Shock down to Sotol Forest then take a right down to the round house, Lazy Cow to Old Tin Mine down to the parking lot. Usually takes 1.5 to 2 hours depending on how much we BS.

So you run an 8 mile loop for this race continuously for approx 12 hours?
    Last year's course started at the round house went out lazy cow, up pole cat, left on blue moon up tin mine just short of scenic, then down the upper part of pole cat, left on blue moon and then down mad cow to round house.

You do as many laps as you can over 12 hours, either as a team, duo or solo.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kinsler View Post
    Last year's course started at the round house went out lazy cow, up pole cat, left on blue moon up tin mine just short of scenic, then down the upper part of pole cat, left on blue moon and then down mad cow to round house.

You do as many laps as you can over 12 hours, either as a team, duo or solo.
    How many riders usually participate?

-Chris Kyle

mtbr member
    Not sure # of riders... results from last year should give you an idea:

http://www.the-bicycle-company.net/events.html

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Any one know if this race happening this year? The guy I spoke with at the Bicycle Co was out of the loop on it.

Wizerbs
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jmhtx View Post
    Any one know if this race happening this year? The guy I spoke with at the Bicycle Co was out of the loop on it.
    Hey jmhtx,

12 Hours of Old El Paso will not be happening in 2013. We received a lot of feedback recommending that we change the October date. Due to many conflicts with other events, the date we chose is February 1, 2014.

Registration should open by December. Updates will be posted on the events page on the-bicycle-company.net and on The Bicycle Company/12 Hours of Old El Paso Facebook pages.

If you have any other questions, I'd be glad to help out. Thanks