Thread: xORTA - 2012

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

xORTA - 2012

Too soon? Never too soon for planning purposes.

PMK
    mtbr member
    Reading the title, I somehow was thinking tandem cyclocross.

?ORTA...

PK
    Reps! We don't need no stickin' reps!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I talked with Alex a few weeks ago about AORTA 2012 and it seems they have a lot on their collective plate this spring and not sure if he will be able to dedicate the necessary time involved to make it happen this year. I hope he will respond to the inquiry by Okayfine and the rest of us. If it cannot happen in the spring we are open to most other times of the year also, even winter if in Florida.
    Ed and Pat Gifford
    the Snot Rocket tandem

mtbr member
    Anyone want to come out to Colorado? We generally get 4-6 tandems together once or twice a year. Would love to show some others around our favorite trails.

August or September is ideal in the high country. Or April/May out west (where Trails4Two lives).

PMK
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ds2199 View Post
    Anyone want to come out to Colorado? We generally get 4-6 tandems together once or twice a year. Would love to show some others around our favorite trails.

August or September is ideal in the high country. Or April/May out west (where Trails4Two lives).

We were trying to set some plans, but that got a few wrenches tossed in.

First, and I'm excited about this, is letting my stoker/wife have here dream vacation of going to Alaska. That one is booked and every other event will hinge on that, be it for the cost or calender time.

Second wrench is I'm currently healing from an injury. Bulged disc in lower back initiated from lifting at work. Back Doc said keep doing what you do, if it hurts don't do it. Well it didn't hurt, but it got worse. Now it needs to heal.

I'm also offering the wife, that we take a short time in New England, riding, visiting friends and family. This may let us hook up with the DOGS for some riding in New Jersey.

Regardless, priorities are set with Alaska and getting better.

PK
    Reps! We don't need no stickin' reps!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Paul,
    Sux about the back, bro. Been there, done that, got the T shirt! Heal quickly. If the New England via NJ trip comes together keep us in the loop.
    Ed and Pat

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ds2199 View Post
    August
    August you say? That might fit my stoker's window of opportunity...