Thread: Video Question

PMK
    mtbr member

Video Question

First off, I thought this video was posted here but I can't find it.

Tandem Mountain Biking - YouTube

If the riders, Andy and Theresa visit MTBR or someone that knows them could ask them to post photos of how they did each camera mount that would be cool.

I have long wanted to do the camera on the bottom tube but feared it would be "removed".

I realize they are running a Fandango, and wondered some details of how they mounted the camera.

Also, from reading the camera specs, it has a rotatable lens which is huge on versatility for these installations.

Thanks
    PK
    Reps! We don't need no stickin' reps!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I like that video !!! It say they used a Drift HD170 Stealth camera. Googling it it looks like a very small camera made for mounting in crazy places. That video really makes me want to go out and ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Brown County is where it's at. Nice trails.

PMK
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okayfine View Post
    Brown County is where it's at. Nice trails.
    Do you guys know these riders?

After posting this, I started mocking up an install of our Tachyon XCHD camera on the underside of our Fandango.

I really like the video, the angles used, and while the trails are not obviously seen, they do seem like a cool place.

If you know these two, can you ask them to explain or show how they installed the camera. Yes, as mentioned, I did read it is a Drift HD170 with a rotatable lens. As also mentioned, it is a small unit.

We have a non HD Contour (actually a VHoldR) with a rotating lens. It is a nice feature.

I have not yet tried it, but supposedly, I can mount our Tachyon inverted, and in Sony Vegas, rotate the image 180.

Time will tell...

PK

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Hey Paul, I don't know the riders...just that I'd like to hit those trails sometime.

Did you see that big rock that almost took the camera off (or looked that way)?

PMK
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okayfine View Post
    Hey Paul, I don't know the riders...just that I'd like to hit those trails sometime.

Did you see that big rock that almost took the camera off (or looked that way)?
    Yes I did see the rock. After we mounted our camera similar to theirs, Jeanne mentioned it was very possible we could have a strike. She also said they dragged the timing chain and was correct. The trail I want this for is not covered in things that will scrape, hopefully.

Also, I want to get this dialed in for our March road tandem event...possible we may do a lap on Sebrings race course.

That's fine you don't know them, and yes, it looks like a cool place to ride.

PK

"the big red train"
    Apr 2007
    I just watched the video and got to thinking, I you have a small enough camera and mounted it far enough back on the bottom tube wouldn't it be protected on both sides by the stokers cranks/chainrings? Just a thought.