Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Good job! Aliso Wood

Quote Originally Posted by zibell View Post
    Hey Don, what route are you riding tomorrow? If I can get the team up for a ride Aliso sounds fun. We haven't been riding much lately and we will be towing a tag-a-long, so we may be a little slow. The route we ride starts at the ranger station and up the main trail to cholla and we exit the park and run thru the neighborhood to the top of cholla. From there we take the ridge up to top of the world. Then thru back thru the neighborhood to meadows and down and out.
    If you wouldn't mind a slow team to ride with we'd like to join.

Patrick & Maria
    Fullerton,CA
    Sorry I didn't catch your post earlier but it was nice meeting you at the park Patrick! Wish we had more time to talk with you and your wife but we had a large group of singles from work doing a ride too. Great day for a ride there, we also went out around the neighborhood to the top of Cholla then up the ridge to top of the World where I got a pic of a friend and his 13 yr old son on his first ride there. You can just see Santa Catalina Island off to the right. We came back down Mathis with some of the group and the rest went to Meadows.

We'll hook up again for a tandem ride!

Take care

Don&Terri

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Southern Cal Tandem Teams-aliso-wood-1-12-13.jpg  

Southern Cal Tandem Teams-top-world-laguna.jpg  

"the big red train"
    Apr 2007
    Don,
    It was very nice seeing that beautiful Orange Ventana in person. Oh, it was also nice to meet you and Terri. We ended up running into some friends on our way in/their way out. Then we saw a herd of deer I the meadow on the way up the canyon. When we made it thru the neighborhood and up the ridge line we loved the views of Catalina Island. We made it up that killer clime up to Mathis and decided it was straight down Mathis and back to the car.
    We'll keep you posted on when we ride again.

Patrick & Maria
    Fullerton, CA

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Sounds like a dry weekend coming up, anyone up for a tandem mtb ride? We're open for either day.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DonP. View Post
    Sounds like a dry weekend coming up, anyone up for a tandem mtb ride? We're open for either day.
    Hey, Don, we've been hankering for Joplin and want to ride it from Holy Jim and back down Doc Edgar fire road (Rose Cyn). If that sounds fun, holler. Cheers...

Mike

"the big red train"
    Apr 2007
    Hey guys, Maria and I have a sitter for our son on Saturday and we're up for a ride. Our sitter arrives at 8am so we can meet around 8:30-8:45. I've been sick with the flu last week and we've been off the bike for about a month, but I'm ready for a ride. We haven't thought about where to ride, maybe Santiago Oaks or El Moro or something fun.

Patrick & Maria
    Fullerton, Ca

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Hey, P&M,

Hoping you get some good trail time in this WE. We're set on Joplin so will likely miss you this time. Have fun, here's to honing your edge...

M/m

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hey guys, Maria and I have a sitter for our son on Saturday and we're up for a ride. Our sitter arrives at 8am so we can meet around 8:30-8:45. I've been sick with the flu last week and we've been off the bike for about a month, but I'm ready for a ride. We haven't thought about where to ride, maybe Santiago Oaks or El Moro or something fun.

Patrick & Maria
    Fullerton, Ca
    Okay, we're up for either one. We have never done Santiago Oaks so would need directions. El Moro is more familiar but it's been a few years.

Don&Terri

"the big red train"
    Apr 2007
    Hey Don & Terri, nice to hear you're up to ride. Well as for destinations, El Moro is a lot like riding @ Aliso very similar with mostly fire road with a small amount of single track mixed in. Santiago Oaks is located in the Irvine Regional Park and its a little more technical as its mostly single track with a bunch of switchbacks. If you're up for it we'd love to show you around Santigo Oaks. Let us know what you think.

Patrick & Maria

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hey Don & Terri, nice to hear you're up to ride. Well as for destinations, El Moro is a lot like riding @ Aliso very similar with mostly fire road with a small amount of single track mixed in. Santiago Oaks is located in the Irvine Regional Park and its a little more technical as its mostly single track with a bunch of switchbacks. If you're up for it we'd love to show you around Santigo Oaks. Let us know what you think.

Patrick & Maria
    Santiago Oaks sounds like fun, meet Sat around 8:45 then?

"the big red train"
    Apr 2007
    Sounds great. Parking is $5, and park in lot #3. There is a restroom close by and it's close to the trail. See you Saturday.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Tandem ride

Sounds great. Parking is $5, and park in lot #3. There is a restroom close by and it's close to the trail. See you Saturday.
    Do you enter at Irvine Regional Park off Jamboree?

Okay found parking lot 3 at Irvine Regional on the map below, see you on Sat!

http://ocparks.com/civicax/filebank/...x?BlobID=15633
    Last edited by DonP.; 02-13-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: update

"the big red train"
    Apr 2007
    Yes Don, enter IRP off the top of Jamboree. Lot #3 is the 3rd lot after you enter you make the 1st left and drive around to the 3rd lot, it will be on the right.
    If there are any other tandems out there that would like to join us we are always happy to ride with more of the big bikes. This is a fun ride!

Patrick & Maria

"the big red train"
    Apr 2007
    Just a reminder if anybody would like to join Don & Terri and Maria & I on a ride tomorrow morning we'd love to have you join us.

Patrick & Maria

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Just a reminder if anybody would like to join Don & Terri and Maria & I on a ride tomorrow morning we'd love to have you join us.

Patrick & Maria
    Had a great ride today with Patrick and Maria at Santiago Oaks! They are amazing on climbing switchbacks! We have a lot to learn from you two. The weather was sunny and warm and the views from the top all the way out to Catalina Island were fantastic. Lunch at the Cronic Taco after the ride was excellent.

Looking forward to the next ride.

Have a few pics at the bench.

Southern Cal Tandem Teams-santiago-oaks-2-16-13.jpgSouthern Cal Tandem Teams-santiago-oaks2-2-16-13.jpg

"the big red train"
    Apr 2007
    Don & Terri, We had a blast yesterday with you guys @ Santiago Oaks. It is always a fun place to ride and challenge ourselves. It was a perfect day for a ride and you're right the views were beautiful. Lunch after a good ride is always the best ever.
    When we get another nice Saturday maybe we can come down your way with our son and ride some of your local trails.

Patirck & Maria
    Fullerton CA

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Sure, give me a heads up when you think you can do it and I'll pre run it to be sure the tag along bike won't have any problems.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    How does this Sunday look for a tandem ride along the Bell Ridge trail to Caspers Park, anyone free to ride?

"the big red train"
    Apr 2007
    Don, We'd love to ride with you and Terri again. We'll have our son with us, do you think we could do this toying a tag-a-long? We can ride most trails toying him as long as they aren't too steep or too tight. Last weekend was our date Saturday but Maria was sick so we haven't ridden in a couple of weeks. Let us know.

Patrick & Maria
    Fullerton, CA

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Don, We'd love to ride with you and Terri again. We'll have our son with us, do you think we could do this toying a tag-a-long? We can ride most trails toying him as long as they aren't too steep or too tight. Last weekend was our date Saturday but Maria was sick so we haven't ridden in a couple of weeks. Let us know.

Patrick & Maria
    Fullerton, CA
    The ridge trail would be fine for the tag along, no worse that Aliso Wood you ran with it a few months ago. There is one rough spot from the last bad rain we had that you may want to walk it up though. We could meet at the trail head between the two waterfalls/fountains at Plano Trabuco and Dove Canyon Drive at about 08:30 Sunday?
    We have a long road tandem ride to Seal Beach planned with our road group on Saturday.

"the big red train"
    Apr 2007
    Don, that sounds great. We'll see you & Terri Sunday @ 8:30, and anyone else who wants to join us.....you know you want to.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Good job! Bell View Trail

We had another great ride today with Patrick, Maria and their son Adam. Also along was Mike and April on single bikes. We explored the whole ridgeline and a few trails in Caspers Park on the Ortega Highway. We got 22 miles with just over 3000ft of climbing. We finished off the ride and had lunch at Friends Sports Bar, and some 1/2lb burgers! Yum!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Southern Cal Tandem Teams-caspers1.jpg  

Southern Cal Tandem Teams-caspers2.jpg  

Southern Cal Tandem Teams-caspers3.jpg  

"the big red train"
    Apr 2007
    Southern Cal Tandem Teams-march-2013-110.jpg
    Southern Cal Tandem Teams-march-2013-108.jpg
    Southern Cal Tandem Teams-march-2013-109.jpg
    Southern Cal Tandem Teams-march-2013-111.jpg
    Hey Don, Thanks for showing us your local trails. We had a fun time. Adam really had a blast checking out all the plants, flowers, and creatures. He enjoyed the fact we rode by Starr Ranck. It was a blast riding with you & Terri and Mike & April. It was a long ride and when we got home we all passed out. Those were nice pics. Here are the pics I took.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Good job! MTB ride Sunday

[QUOTE=zibell;10274253 Hey Don, Thanks for showing us your local trails. We had a fun time. Adam really had a blast checking out all the plants, flowers, and creatures. He enjoyed the fact we rode by Starr Ranck. It was a blast riding with you & Terri and Mike & April. It was a long ride and when we got home we all passed out. Those were nice pics. Here are the pics I took.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the short notice but we will be doing a portion of the recent Rwanda 25/50 mile ride on Sunday. It will be about 15 to 16 miles as we will not be starting at the Oakley building but at the waterfalls at Dove Canyon Drive and Plano Trabuco in Rancho Santa Margarita. (The same start place of our last ride but a different trail) Start time is 0830 Sunday morning and should be about a 2 1/2 hour ride depending on stops.

All are welcome to join in the fun!

Complete route here: Geoladders -- 2013 50 Mile Ride for Rwanda - 25 Mile Route

Starting at #52 on the route description below;
    geoLadders.com: Route Directions (2013 50 Mile Ride for Rwanda - 25 Mile Route)

Should be fun for all but beginners due to some good climbs. Will have to walk a tagalong...

Mostly fireroad with some fast singltracks and creek crossings.

Bring your Camelbacks and a snack!

Feel free to forward to anyone you think may be interested.

Hope you can join us!

"the big red train"
    Apr 2007
    Don, thanks for the invite. We're going to pass on it this time. It's railroad days in Fullerton and we're taking Adam to see the trains. You & Teri have fun.
    Thanks
    Patrick

Old School Legs
    On Saturday 10-12, we were taking our old beast to Hulda Crooks to get in some climbing and some techy singletrack. As we were driving up Mt View, and crossing Barton Rd., we saw three tandem teams at the light. At least two were on full suspension rigs. We honked and pointed towards Hulda Crooks as we went through the intersection, but I'm sure that they were probably on the end of their ride.
    Anyone out there know who they are?
    We'd like to hook up with some other teams out here in the IE.
    I'm eating Lean Cuisine for lunch, so I can have beer for dinner

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast