Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Our ride on Saturday

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  switchbacktrog 
#1 ·
We did our annual ride up the coast from Woodbridge to Lowestoft(UK) on Saturday with seven solo's. We got the train down to Woodbridge, then 54 miles, most of it off-road, and the last couple of miles on the beach. Then another 12 miles to get back to home.

Bicycle Water Tire Sky Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Bicycle Tire Sky Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel
Bicycle Bicycle helmet Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

See less See more
#4 ·
Indeed they are Ellsworth's. I had a quick chat with the team from the Orange one - didn't really say much - I thought they were competing but apparently only there to look around and ride a bit - I didn't see them again after this - despite being there for the next 14 hours :) I think the range one had also been built up with no expense spared looking at the components

Here's a couple more pictures from my phone. Sally wanted to know about they tyre choice - as we've had trouble with our Rocket Ron's - I notice that the Black one has a Racing Ralph on the back - I would have thought that was a bit lightweight for a MTB tandem.

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Vehicle

#5 ·
Indeed they are Ellsworth's. I had a quick chat with the team from the Orange one - didn't really say much
Seems unusual for tandemists...................Perhaps the bikes had been shipped-in for publicity purposes?

I've never been that keen on Schwalbe tyres................seen too many get shredded, and they're a bit too expensive for my liking, Hans Dampf seem good though. Never had any trouble with Maxxis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.