Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ALM
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Good job!

Lol! : D

PMK
    mtbr member
    Taken while on our Alaska vacation. Pretty neat and innovative setup. So often we get wrapped up in what we have or want. I'm betting this bike is 100% function over form, and rides on a great chassis to make it all work. I have to wonder how many miles it has on it.

PK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Cannondale Thread-img_2510.jpg  

The Official Cannondale Thread-img_2511.jpg  

Reps! We don't need no stickin' reps!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Haha...Love the new bike!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Taken while on our Alaska vacation. Pretty neat and innovative setup. So often we get wrapped up in what we have or want. I'm betting this bike is 100% function over form, and rides on a great chassis to make it all work. I have to wonder how many miles it has on it.

PK
    From the look I bet it has tons of miles nice find Paul

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    From "Over The Hump Mountain Bike Series"

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Washing the C-Dale the easy way

My buddy took a quick video of us today crossing a small stream with his iphone

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    1. That's awesome your daughter is stoked to be a stoker.

2. There's water in SoCal?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Okayfine View Post
    1. That's awesome your daughter is stoked to be a stoker.

2. There's water in SoCal?
    That's The Arroyo Seco Trail it's next to JPL my wife and I spent many days in are 20's riding all over that place from what I was told it's been closed for a few years because of all the fires and rain damage.

My buddy just got into riding and picked up a bike for his daughter so when we do get out with them we head for this place for a easy and fun ride.

The Arroyo Seco Trail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Cannondale Thread-dscn5904.jpg  

mtbr member
    these are awesome!

ALM
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    We went to Austin TX for Labor Day weekend and took the mt 3000. We got to ride at Walnut Creek Park. It has a ton of trails. It was perfect for us to get to ride and learn. There is a HUGE learning curve from road to off road. I never road any off road before so learning on a tandem is twice as hard I think.

Anyway, I attached a video from youtube of one of the trails we rode. It does not really show the incline but it was nice smooth singletrack. We did ride down a creek bed that you can see off to the right at the first of the video. This was really the best trails we have ridden. My stoker is not as in love with the off road yet but not complaining either. We took a spill and she took it on the wrist pretty good. As captain, I hurt worse that I caused her pain by not keeping the bike upright.

So here is a pic and video but these guys rode the opposite direction than we did.

Walnut Creek Park - Windy Loop Trail - YouTube

ALM
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Pic of us at bottom of creek bed. Also you had to make sure you did not fall on any Cactus in this park! Ouch!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Cannondale Thread-walnut-creek.jpg  

PMK
    mtbr member
    Lookin' good. Yes the transition is no doubt a bit more intense with no previous off-road experience. Don't let it hinder you though, learn and ride at your own pace, while you cherish the stoker.

I hope the bike is doing well. As for the front shifting, I'm guessing you need a longer stoker BB. Probably has a 113mm and needs a 118mm. My bad for no reply the other day, we were getting packed / gone for a long weekend of road tandem stuff.

As for that trail, typical helmet cam not showing the true difficulty. Overall though, looks fun and fast. The climb that stalled the camera guy seemed doable, surprised he didn't get it clean. Oh well.

I assume you rode with Trey and Heydi (sp?). Fun folks. I hope they were good teachers. I so wish my helmet cam was rolling at AORTA 2011 when Trey and stoker were exactly in front of us and he went off the bridge landing in the creek. Freaky, scary and ultimately funny.

PK

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ALM View Post
    We went to Austin TX for Labor Day weekend and took the mt 3000. We got to ride at Walnut Creek Park. It has a ton of trails. It was perfect for us to get to ride and learn. There is a HUGE learning curve from road to off road. I never road any off road before so learning on a tandem is twice as hard I think.

Anyway, I attached a video from youtube of one of the trails we rode. It does not really show the incline but it was nice smooth singletrack. We did ride down a creek bed that you can see off to the right at the first of the video. This was really the best trails we have ridden. My stoker is not as in love with the off road yet but not complaining either. We took a spill and she took it on the wrist pretty good. As captain, I hurt worse that I caused her pain by not keeping the bike upright.

So here is a pic and video but these guys rode the opposite direction than we did.

Walnut Creek Park - Windy Loop Trail - YouTube
    Looks like a fun place to ride
    Allen the only advise I can give you is take it really slow until you both feel good about riding off road.
    My Wife has many years riding off road on a single but still to this day has not made any off road trips with me.........My Daughter still needs to learn how to share

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

New rigid tandem

Seems to fit best here. No suspension, as it were.

Sculpture for my stoker.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Cannondale Thread-img_4245.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    post 1 for photo

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by stinkyWinky; 12-28-2012 at 11:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    A few photos of my MT4000. I have enjoyed this threads photos and posts so I figured I would add few photos...
    2nd photo shows the state when acquired.
    When acquired I considered the bike to be in very good stock condition with low miles. It looked like the bike was stored and not ridden for a while. It was in need of some consumable items due to age such as tires, chains, cables and a few upgrades.
    3rd photo is after the following mods:
    Replaced stock hydro rim brakes with Avid 200mm mech disc brakes
    Replaced stock? Mega9 shifters and hydro levers with XTR shift and brake levels
    Replaced crap pedals with XT pedals w/platform
    Replaced KORE stem with correctly sized Thomson stem.
    Replaced rear seatpost with Thomsom post
    Reduced front bars 1 inch
    Replaced existing bar ends with Easton carbon ends for better ergonomics.
    Replaced Seats
    Replaced chains with XTR
    Replaced Cables
    Replaced tires
    Removed bottle cages.
    Planned upgrades:
    Additional set of tires for the trails
    So far the wife & I are having a great time. A couple of rides to get the tandem basics down and we were off. I ride competitively, my wife rides and maintains a high level of fitness so we get out there and push it.
    When I go out with my daughter and my wife I install a foot rest for my seven year old on the bottle mounts and my wife rides my ninner (thats my bike, ok my bicyle). At that point I am riding a hundred pound bike (bike plus a non-pedaling 60lb kid). Just makes me stronger when I'm out there with the boys.
    The big fear of buying it and not using it was unfounded in my case.
    Intended uses are light trail, road to the beach, and solo rig to carry 40lbs of photo gear. I have a rack that mounts into the stokers seat tube and to the stokers handles bars. It is too much weight/bulk to hang off the back.

As acquired:

As it now sits:

Last edited by stinkyWinky; 12-29-2012 at 01:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    here are a few pictures i took a couple of months ago...i bought this 1996 mt 1000 los dos. it looks to have been stripped of most parts....but the frame has no scratches suprisingly...will be needing lots of help building this ol rig.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Cannondale Thread-s4011361.jpg  

The Official Cannondale Thread-s4011382.jpg  

The Official Cannondale Thread-s4011385.jpg  

The Official Cannondale Thread-s4011380.jpg  

The Official Cannondale Thread-5g25eb5kb3la3fd3j9c93c89500a9b45418f9.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    XDEADGOATX, If you are looking for used parts to build up your tandem I’ve replaced some of the stock parts from the MT4000 shown in my previous post above. I replaced the Hydro V-brakes with disk and replaced the mega-9 shifters. So those parts are currently available. It is a 2000 model year bike that has seen very little use to date. I acquired it in early December. I may upgrade the fork to a larger axel in the next few weeks. If I pull the trigger on that upgrade then the stock wheel-set and fork would be available. The Fork is the Moto FR Tandem” 1 1/8” steerer.

PMK
    mtbr member
    STINKYWINKY, I noticed something in one of your photos that seemed wrong. It may just be the photo but it sure looks like your forks upper triple clamp bolt on the right side is missing.

PK

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    PMK, Wow nice attention to detail! I've had the bike for a couple of weeks. When I initially went over the bike I noticed several of the bolts in the clamp were not tight. I thought I had tightened them all. Guess I missed that one. On my last two rides I noticed a vibration from the front end when braking very hard only. Since I had change out the V brakes for disc at about the time the vibe appeared I checked the mounting of the brake & everything seemed OK.

Thanks for the help. You made my morning!

Stinky
    Last edited by stinkyWinky; 12-22-2012 at 12:51 PM.

PMK
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyWinky View Post
    PMK, Wow nice attention to detail! I've had the bike for a couple of weeks. When I initially went over the bike I noticed several of the bolts in the clamp were not tight. I thought I had tightened them all. Guess I missed that one. On my last two rides I noticed a vibration from the front end when braking very hard only. Since I had change out the V brakes for disc at about the time the vibe appeared I checked the mounting of the brake & everything seemed OK.

Thanks for the help. You made my morning!

Stinky
    Your welcome.

FWIW, be very careful about not making any of the triple clamp bolts overtorqued. The triple clamps are known to crack. They will crack from the counterbores for the bolts. Happened to us when we had our Cannondale. Downside is parts are no longer available.

PK

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Cannondale 26” Rigid Tandem fork with V & disc mount

There are three new Cannondale 26” Rigid Tandem forks with V & disc mounts remaining on ebay. I was going to pick one up but it would drop the bottom of the head tube around 65mm from where it sits with the stock moto-fr fork .
    Cannondale Fatty 26in Tandem Specific Rigid Fork 1 1 8in Red | eBay
    Last edited by stinkyWinky; 01-09-2013 at 02:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    old cannondale still going strong

[IMG]sportograf-29854012[/IMG]

[IMG]sportograf-29860323[/IMG]

[IMG]sportograf-29849039[/IMG]

[IMG]sportograf-29842967[/IMG]

[IMG]sportograf-29849853[/IMG]
    Last edited by wouterbiker; 01-26-2013 at 03:38 PM.

ALM
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyWinky View Post
    A few photos of my MT4000. I have enjoyed this threads photos and posts so I figured I would add few photos...
    2nd photo shows the state when acquired.
    When acquired I considered the bike to be in very good stock condition with low miles. It looked like the bike was stored and not ridden for a while. It was in need of some consumable items due to age such as tires, chains, cables and a few upgrades.
    3rd photo is after the following mods:
    Replaced stock hydro rim brakes with Avid 200mm mech disc brakes
    Replaced stock? Mega9 shifters and hydro levers with XTR shift and brake levels
    Replaced crap pedals with XT pedals w/platform
    Replaced KORE stem with correctly sized Thomson stem.
    Replaced rear seatpost with Thomsom post
    Reduced front bars 1 inch
    Replaced existing bar ends with Easton carbon ends for better ergonomics.
    Replaced Seats
    Replaced chains with XTR
    Replaced Cables
    Replaced tires
    Removed bottle cages.
    Planned upgrades:
    Additional set of tires for the trails
    So far the wife & I are having a great time. A couple of rides to get the tandem basics down and we were off. I ride competitively, my wife rides and maintains a high level of fitness so we get out there and push it.
    When I go out with my daughter and my wife I install a foot rest for my seven year old on the bottle mounts and my wife rides my ninner (thats my bike, ok my bicyle). At that point I am riding a hundred pound bike (bike plus a non-pedaling 60lb kid). Just makes me stronger when I'm out there with the boys.
    The big fear of buying it and not using it was unfounded in my case.
    Intended uses are light trail, road to the beach, and solo rig to carry 40lbs of photo gear. I have a rack that mounts into the stokers seat tube and to the stokers handles bars. It is too much weight/bulk to hang off the back.

As acquired:

As it now sits:

I love that color fade. Our is 98 and is red to orange only.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast