Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ADV
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The trail that you see behind us is actual a hiking trail. That day we rode a paved trail and a crushed lime stone rails to trails. I almost always stick to a paved surface when pulling the burly I have taken it off-road but I ride very slow it looks like a bumpy ride in the trailer. I will probably try a bit more trail riding when she gets older.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Wow, nice pics of very cool bikes

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Here is one that I had on my PC when looking for one for myself dig the Green..........

ADV that is one nice lookin' Rig
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Cannondale Thread-tandem.jpg  

On MTBR hiatus :(
    This photo — near the top of Mt. Tam in Marin — has as much dust on it as the bike does... but we'll have it back out on the trail come summer. Like XC Mike, I really dig the green.

speedub.nate
    · MTBR Hiatus UFN ·

Long Live Long Rides
    May 2008
    Nate, Great to see the "Courtney" Cannondale in final form! I particularly like the LP barends (I have them on my single and our Ventana).

Quote Originally Posted by Trails4Two View Post
    Nate, Great to see the "Courtney" Cannondale in final form! I particularly like the LP barends (I have them on my single and our Ventana).
    Roger that! She's still shy a few component substitutions in this pic, but close enough. And I swear by my LPs!!
    speedub.nate
    · MTBR Hiatus UFN ·

FunTimeRider!
    New Cannondale tandem rider here. We've just picked up a RT2, I'm thinking and tinkering with it. it looks like at least for the moment, I can run it as both a road and cross frame, thinking about trying to get my hands on a beefy tree suspension for the front so we can take it truly off road. we've taken her out on two short shakedown runs and are having a blast! I can't wait for the weather to get better so I can talk my wife into more rides...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Cannondale Thread-webdscf1209.jpg  

FunTimeRider!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedub.Nate View Post
    This photo — near the top of Mt. Tam in Marin — has as much dust on it as the bike does... but we'll have it back out on the trail come summer. Like XC Mike, I really dig the green.

First off, let me just say, great looking bike!
    So then let me ask, is that a rohloff hub on the back of your green monster? If so, what do you think of riding with a internally geared hub, and what are the downfalls that you've run into with it?

mtbr member
    Here's my 200x, don't know the exact year, I got it used. I put on Avid BB7 brakes front and rear. Up front is a White Brothers fork.

PMK
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by glader60 View Post
    Here's my 200x, don't know the exact year, I got it used. I put on Avid BB7 brakes front and rear. Up front is a White Brothers fork.

You must be pretty tall. The frame appears to be a Jumbo or whatever Cannondale called their largest size frame for the Captain, the stoker compartment is the larger size also.

Cool bike, we had one for a while, possibly the same size.

You might consider seeing if your rear brake cable is floppy enough to engage the rotating rear tire. As simple tywrap could go a long way to keeping the cable secured if needed.

PK
    Reps! We don't need no stickin' reps!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    well I see someone else posted their road c'dale tandem, so....
    I'm a big fan of fenders. I pulled these off an old rusty 3-speed department store bike. Because the rear triangle is for skinny tires (max 700x32), I couldn't pass the fender under the seat-tube bridge. I had to cut the fender into two sections and make a bracket at the seat tube bridge to hold each section. lots of work, but I'm happy with the results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Cannondale Thread-photo036.jpg  

The Official Cannondale Thread-100_0591.jpg  

Long Live Long Rides
    May 2008

Mt 3000 update

Here's the latest version of our MT 3000. It now serves as commuter and off-road monster for our 6-year-old. He got big/strong enough for us to lose the seat back and seat belt. We got a new fork and brakes. And the big improvement is that I made some toddler size 13 bike shoes with crank bros cleats. We can now also use a suspension post to help smooth out the surprises.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Cannondale Thread-p1020841.jpg  

The Official Cannondale Thread-p1020842.jpg  

The Official Cannondale Thread-p1020494.jpg  

PMK
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trails4Two View Post
    Here's the latest version of our MT 3000. It now serves as commuter and off-road monster for our 6-year-old. He got big/strong enough for us to lose the seat back and seat belt. We got a new fork and brakes. And the big improvement is that I made some toddler size 13 bike shoes with crank bros cleats. We can now also use a suspension post to help smooth out the surprises.

Efforts gets results. He wanted it, you wanted it, now the results are easily way more than each individual ever imagined. Obviously guessing but pretty certain I'm not wrong.

That is awesome.

PK

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Trails4Two, I love your latest tandem configuration for you and your 6 year old. Great photos as well. Thanks for sharing them. The last one put a big smile on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post
    First off, let me just say, great looking bike!
    So then let me ask, is that a rohloff hub on the back of your green monster? If so, what do you think of riding with a internally geared hub, and what are the downfalls that you've run into with it?
    It is a Rohloff. I had to get pretty creative to get it to work on this bike, but in general, I've owned Speedhubs since 2001 and I haven't had any maintenance problems with them. By far my favorite hub, solo or tandem (as if you couldn't already tell that by my user ID).
    speedub.nate
    · MTBR Hiatus UFN ·

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    You must be pretty tall. The frame appears to be a Jumbo or whatever Cannondale called their largest size frame for the Captain, the stoker compartment is the larger size also.

Cool bike, we had one for a while, possibly the same size.

You might consider seeing if your rear brake cable is floppy enough to engage the rotating rear tire. As simple tywrap could go a long way to keeping the cable secured if needed.

PK
    Yes, I'm 6'1+ and I would still like a taller headtube. The frame size to XL/M. I like my seat and handle bar to be the same height. The rear brake cable doesn't hit the rear wheel, but good observation, though I did tie-wrap it to the seat stay after the picture was taken,

mtbr member
    Here's our C'dale, loaded and ready to go for our annual Mickelson Trail ride that my son and I take every year. He's been doing it since he was 6. It will be the 4th time this year and he told me he wants to do something different/longer this year.

The tandem is from '95, but I think the only original parts are the captain crank arms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Cannondale Thread-tandem.jpg  

PMK
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Fubar Rider View Post
    Here's our C'dale, loaded and ready to go for our annual Mickelson Trail ride that my son and I take every year. He's been doing it since he was 6. It will be the 4th time this year and he told me he wants to do something different/longer this year.

The tandem is from '95, but I think the only original parts are the captain crank arms.
    Like that seems really fair...making the kid carry all the "stuff", nice guy you are.

PK

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Time for a Bump!!
    Just picked up a 2003 L/M MT800 this Rig only had 3 or 4 road rides and from the look of the stock brake pads and rims I would say under a few hours.
    The only downside I promised the Wife I would not keep both so here they are together for the first time and maybe the last and before you say it..........
    I don't think She will go for that "I need one for the Road and Off Road" thing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Cannondale Thread-dscn5709.jpg  

The Official Cannondale Thread-dscn5714.jpg  

The Official Cannondale Thread-dscn5711.jpg  

The Official Cannondale Thread-dscn5703.jpg  

The Official Cannondale Thread-dscn5704.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    And now how She looks today
    First time off road with the new tandem the stem on my '99 was a 90mm this '03 has a 110mm I'm thinking a 100mm would be better I feel just a little stretched out but not to bad.
    my question is if I go with a shorter stem what effect will that have over the 110mm?

ALM
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    This is our first post to the forum. We have not even gotten our 1998 MT 3000 yet but here is the story. I have been searching for a mtb tadem for the past couple weeks almost non stop on the computer. This craigslist ad popped up and I called seconds after. The seller would not ship and local pickup was in Miami. I am near Houston TX.

I had started a post on bikeforums asking for info about mtb tandems. PMK sent some info. I noticed he was in Florida. I called the seller and told him I may have a contact who could pickup the bike for us (I have never met or spokent to PMK before). So I frantically pm PMK. Luckily he saw the pm and contacted me. I was able to purchase the bike and have the seller take to PMK. PMK is having his LBS box and ship to House of Tandems for them to assemble for me.

There was a lot more but would be hard and long to explain but it was a miracle this deal worked out and we got the bike, well sort of. Hopefully soon. We are anxious about our first off road tandem experience. We have ridden road tandem for about 8 years.

I cannot say THANK YOU enough to PMK for helping us without even knowing us and getting this deal done. Hope to meet you in person on the trails soon.

So here is some pics from the sellers ad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Cannondale Thread-cannondale-1.jpg  

The Official Cannondale Thread-cannondale-2.jpg  

The Official Cannondale Thread-cannondale-6.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images    

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Congrats ALM!!
    sure glad things worked out for you I went through the same thing looking for my first Cdale
    I looked night and day to find mine also with the help from Paul.

Big Thanks to Paul for what he has done for the both of Us

ALM
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Finally, completed bike and got first ride in. Here is pic with all upgrades that includes, tires, handlebar/stem/grips, st thudbuster, drilled stoker cranks to raise pedals so it would work, xt shifters, brake booster, spd pedals, boots/filters, ......

I know there has to be a lot of C'dale owners out there that read this thread. Get a pic on here. It is really interesting to see these retro tandems!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official Cannondale Thread-mtb.jpg  

The Official Cannondale Thread-mtb5.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Lookin' Good Allen

Hoping to get my wife off road soon my daughter keeps telling her all the Fun she is missing

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Just picked up another MT800 today Air Spring and All

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast