Enjoy the ride

Ellsworth Witness build

I haven't had a chance to get out in the sunshine for some shots, but here is my current build

2010 Ellsworth Witness
    2010 Fox Vanilla
    2010 Fox RP23
    Rear chain stays off a Rogue
    2010 Saint Rear Der. & Brakes
    Goodrich brake lines
    2010 XTR Front Der. & Shifters
    I9 Enduro Rims and hubs
    Schwalbe Big Betty/Fat Albert
    WTB Pure V Ti seats
    Thompson Elite seat posts
    Thompson stem
    Easton Monkeylite DH bars
    Ritchey pedals (cuz I like em)
    Truvativ Tandem Fire X cranks
    2009 Chris King Headset
    BlkMrkt Grips

Total Weight:43 lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ellsworth Witness build-img_0120-2.jpg  

Ellsworth Witness build-img_0121-2.jpg  

Ellsworth Witness build-img_0124-2.jpg  

Ellsworth Witness build-finish.jpg  

~live vicariously through yourself~

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Wow, that's just lovely! Good job!

IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
    now lets see it in action!!!
    What mountain bike forum do pirates use? .....

MTB-arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mtbr member
    I LIKE IT!!

Now go get out and play!!

We abo****ely love out Ventana ECDM. Keep up posted on how you like the bike, build/components.

I looked at the Ellsworth, but being vertically challenged, it was no-go for us.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Looks like the rear wheel has some gold spokes and some black spokes...just curious...what the thought there is...I have a couple 29'er I9 wheel sets...you are going to love them. Only other thing...will like to hear how the FOX works out for you

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Looks nice. Only problem I see is that it's not in MY garage.

mtbr member

The Recession Must be Over

That's the best gold investment I've seen!

Was the Rogue chainstay a standard offering or an upgrade? I'm guessing the seatstays are off the Rogue to get the tire clearance as well. How big of a tire is in there?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankarm
    Looks like the rear wheel has some gold spokes and some black spokes...just curious...what the thought there is...I have a couple 29'er I9 wheel sets...you are going to love them. Only other thing...will like to hear how the FOX works out for you
    Since there are two on either side of the valve stem, I bet they built 'em that way to help find it quicker. I've seen this on other wheels too.

Enjoy the ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankarm

The spokes are specifically for bling factor...and they are orange to match the frame. If you're having a wheel built for you, might as well do it how you want right? It pops the look up a bit, and it's pretty common these days to higher end wheel sets. It serves no other purpose tho.

Which Fox are we talking about? Front or rear? I've ridden a similar set up before....little different obviously, but it cruises like a cadillac over some heavy stuff. I know I will love it Maiden voyage and tuning today Will post pics later.

Enjoy the ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Devine Intervention
    That's the best gold investment I've seen!

Was the Rogue chainstay a standard offering or an upgrade? I'm guessing the seatstays are off the Rogue to get the tire clearance as well. How big of a tire is in there?
    Interesting you should ask....I upgraded (yes upgrade) initially with the new Rogue Cs's and the new geometry wouldn't work. The new ones have a drop curve design on the drive side and a straight bar on the non drive side.....so it hit the stoker crank. The old chainstays from 4-5 years ago were designed differently, and fortunately I had one available to me....but it's obviously something they will have to consider if someone wants an upgrade. (yes they now know btw) The standard rear end is plenty for the bike btw

Flaccid Member
    Psickamore for it's Maiden Voyage? You know you wanna do it!
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    SICK!!!!!!!! Now I want one.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    That's a sweet ride!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Interesting comment on the chain stays. After mine broke they replaced (warranty) it with an all fabricated drop stay like you describe. It works fine. The original had a cast section up front and was symetrical. Tire clearance is still an issue. Maybe a tad better with the new stay.