Thread: Because we can

Long Live Long Rides
    May 2008

Because we can

Just letting everyone know that we are taking the ElConq out to Fruita to ride this morning. I finally finished up a ton of work and now it's Spring. Hopefully, we'll get pics if we're not having too much fun to stop.

Long Live Long Rides
    May 2008

this scared me

Good ride, but it is definitely Spring - the trails were MUCH busier than in March. Ran into a Family (Dad, Mom, and Teen boy) out riding brand new Yeti's. The mother's brakes were squealing and she was stopped and complaining about it. I asked if I could help and she said she had figured out how to stop the shuddering but it was still making noise. Then she said she would just try more - at this point she opened a baggie, pulled out a bottle of tri flow and squirted it onto her caliper, rotor, and pads. I kind of freaked out on her since you could seriously die on these trails with no brakes.

PMK
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trails4Two
    Then she said she would just try more - at this point she opened a baggie, pulled out a bottle of tri flow and squirted it onto her caliper, rotor, and pads. I kind of freaked out on her since you could seriously die on these trails with no brakes.

Like Bartles and James commercial..."Brilliant"

PK