mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Will LHT Components move to a Pacer?

Will the components from an LHT move over to a Pacer? What would have to be changed? I know they will move to a Crosscheck and that might be a better choice. I would like a lighter frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by commutenow View Post
    Will the components from an LHT move over to a Pacer? What would have to be changed? I know they will move to a Crosscheck and that might be a better choice. I would like a lighter frame.
    Off the top of my head, brakes, bottom bracket (most likely), rear wheel/hub, and probably tires (depending on what you have on the Trucker now).

The Pacer is set up for road calipers only, no way to use the cantilever brakes off of the Trucker on it. The bottom bracket due to the 130mm spacing of the rear drop outs on the Pacer and the resulting difference in chainline. The rear hub or wheel due also to the 130mm drop out spacing on the Pacer. Tires only if you are using tires wider than 32s.

The Check would take everything from the Trucker except the BB, depending on what type of crank set up your using.

But I don't know as the Check would be that much lighter than your Trucker.

Depending on how much lighter you want to go, I'd say just do a Pacer with a full on road build. But that's just me.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    The cross check will take everything, including bottom bracket given that you are using the stock triple. Wont wind up a whole lot lighter, but may feel a wee bit more nimble with the shorter stays and higher bb.