mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Will it fit my XL Karate Monkey?

Found a Reba RL 100mm 29er fork local that is cut to 6.5". Question is will it fit on my Karate Monkey and/or how will it affect me.

Frame=XL
    Headset stack = 1.2"
    head tube size = 4.1"
    stem stack = 1.5"

So if my calculations are correct 6.5-4.1-1.2=1.2"

I will have no more rise (Stock fork is 10"). and my headset is going to be flush. Does this look about right to anyone else? How will this affect my overall riding?

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by kendalja View Post
    Found a Reba RL 100mm 29er fork local that is cut to 6.5". Question is will it fit on my Karate Monkey and/or how will it affect me.

Frame=XL
    Headset stack = 1.2"
    head tube size = 4.1"
    stem stack = 1.5"

So if my calculations are correct 6.5-4.1-1.2=1.2"

I will have no more rise (Stock fork is 10"). and my headset is going to be flush. Does this look about right to anyone else? How will this affect my overall riding?
    What size XL KM do you have? HT length on the XL is listed at 125mm (4.92 inches). You must have one of the older versions that had a shorter HT.

On the newer XL Monkeys (I have one), I wouldn't mess with any steerer tube that is less than 7 3/4".

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Yeah its an older one 2008 - 10 skid mark brown. With 0 spacers and a 40mm stem it was about 1" too short! Agreed 7 3/4" seems about right. Lesson learned. I got the fork for a steal so i will just resell it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

2 short

Here's a pic for reference if anyone else happens to ask this question.Will it fit my XL Karate Monkey?-stem.jpg