get down!

Wanderlust rear rack is a no-go on my 2011 Surly Crosscheck

Bummer.

This thing is just too big/long. On the eyelet furthest away it's still doesn't have enough room to be flat. I hope the shop will give me store credit on a return. We shall see. Run, and spread thy word to our other Crosscheckian brothers!
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

Ariolimax columbianus
    racks don't need to be flat to work, if you're runnin panniers the angle might even help you w/heel clearance w/the shorter crosscheck chainstays. unless it's totally rubbin your rear tire, you might still be able to use it.

get down!
    I know...and wheels don't need to be round to roll. I just prefer a flat rack. Guess I'm a weirdo.

Sweet banana slug avatar!
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Did you try trimming down the mounting legs on the rack to get a better fit to the upper eyelets?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Are the upper eyelet rods interfering with the rack? What size frame? It should work fine.

mtbr member
    I had trouble getting a rack to mount flat on my old 62cm Cross Check. The seat stays just end up so close to the front of the rack because of how vertical they are. I could also never run v-brake and a rack, because the front edge of the rack would interfere with the brakes. Canti's were fine, but the cable rubbed on the rack.

Some racks, like the OMMs, sit on arms that push them further back. This may help you.

I was able to get this simple racj to work basically by just strong-arming the flexible steel attachment 'bands'.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...34374302693083