mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Tire question....

Hey guys....I have a couple of sets of 700X40 tires. All Terrain style. I am looking for a 700X32 commuter tire that is durable and also fast. I have some Michelin City tires in 700X32, but they are heavy and slow. Any suggestions for a nice, smooth rolling, durable 32 road tire? I would like a little tread, so I am not looking for a slick.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    i dont know how expensive schwalbe tires are at your location.
    i love my marathon supreme as fast, durable an extremly bombproof tires.
    schwalbe released a new tire last year, the dureme. i ordered it some days ago because i wanted a tire with some more tread which is as nearly as fast and durable as the supreme.

edit: i saw that you live in the states. i used wtb pathways for some time. they are great allround tires.
    http://www.wtb.com/products/tires/hybrid/pathway/

mtbr member
    Marathon Supremes are great. You might also consider Panaracer T-Serves. Oh, and Jack Brown Blues, made by Panaracer and sold through Rivendell.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Vittoria Randoneur Hypers are ****ing amazing. Light, super fast rolling, grippy, and very puncture resistant (triple protection according to Vittoria).

Otherwise go with some Panaracer Ribmos or T-Serv if you want to save some money but the Hypers are pretty damn tits.

May 2009
    I agree with the Jack Browns. That is a great tire.
    MUD

My weiner is 10.5".....Oh wait...I'm holding this ruler backward.

@adelorenzo
    Yeah, Vittoria randos are great tires. The Schwalbe Marathons are the king of indestructible but you do pay a price in the slow rolling department.